Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2002 Air Nautique Distributor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
brockcan2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brockcan2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2002 Air Nautique Distributor
    Posted: December-13-2021 at 6:58am
My 2000 Air Nautique is in need of replacing the distributor and I was going to go ahead replace the coil, plugs and wires.  How do I determine which distributor I need ?

Many thanks
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2021 at 8:45am
Originally posted by brockcan2002 brockcan2002 wrote:

My 2000 Air Nautique is in need of replacing the distributor and I was going to go ahead replace the coil, plugs and wires.  How do I determine which distributor I need ?

Many thanks

If you were to post what you have for an engine and whether it's fuel injected or carbureted, it would probably help get you an answer Wink

PS  I think you can edit the title to agree with the post as far as the year 2002 vs 2000.
brockcan2002 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brockcan2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2021 at 12:31pm
Thanks for the heads up. I have a 2000 fuel injected Ford PCM. 
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2021 at 3:03pm
Based on your comment above, the engine sounds like a GT-40.  351 SBF with multi port electronic fuel injection. If so, the part number is E9TE-12127-CA.  You will need to seal the vent cap with a dab of silicone to magically convert an automotive dizzy into a marine dizzy.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2021 at 5:54pm
If you go to an auto parts store and let them cross reference the E9TE-12127-CA number mentioned above, you have maybe a 50/50 chance of getting a distributor with the right gear on it.

Some will have a steel gear, that's not what you want because it'll chew up your cast iron camshaft gear.

You want something with a cast iron gear that plays nicely with your cast iron camshaft gear.

You can let them figure things out or you can get a Spectra Premium FD-14 distributor that comes with the right cast iron gear.

You can find this FD-14 nice and reasonably priced on line at places like Amazon, Rock Auto or a bunch of other places. Wink

There are other brands that it cross references to, but you'll have to verify that they come with a cast iron gear

The FD-14 has been used by quite a few people here on CCF when they had gt40 distributor issues

And...........don't forget the silicone
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-13-2021 at 7:09pm
KENO is correct (he usually is)

You need a cast iron gear.  I was just on the Rock Auto website and the E9TE-12127-CA part number brings up several options.  In the item description, some of the text states if the gear is steel or cast iron.  The automotive equivalent option seems to be much more wallet-friendly than the PCM badged distributor for $548.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic