Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

fuel vent baffle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fuel vent baffle
    Posted: October-15-2021 at 6:21pm
My 4160 carb is running great, but I see that many carbs have a fuel vent baffle on the primary. Ordered a couple that fit the side hung bowl arrangement.. Not that I have noticed any performance issues, but a baffle seems like a good idea even if my rebuild came without one. But I don't see a baffle on the secondary in any of the exploded diagrams. Are the baffles only used with metering bodies and not on the 4160 secondary with a metering plate? Would like to be correct. One of the problems with buying a rebuilt carb. You get what you get and it doesn't mean it is right :)
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2021 at 7:20pm
The vent baffle only goes on the primary metering block.

There's no baffle for the secondary side whether it's got a 4160 style metering plate or a 4150 style metering block.

I think they're to control fuel spillage during heavy acceleration and the secondary doesn't need it since the fuel is going toward the back of the bowl when accelerating
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2021 at 7:33pm
That would make sense but what if I have a V drive Separator? 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2021 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

That would make sense but what if I have a V drive Separator? 

I'd imagine the engine is probably tilted forward some, like it probably is ln lots of v drives

I'd also imagine that you could turn the carburetor around so the front is now the back if you really felt like it Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic