Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rudder

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
GeoB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rudder
    Posted: October-08-2021 at 5:28pm
Insert photo of rudder here.

What is this thingy on my rudder. What does it do?
Geo
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2021 at 6:32pm
Your picture did not come out so I dont know what thingy you are talking about. I can only think of 2 thingies on a rudder.

Either a metal disc like this, to prevent corrosion.

Or a trim tab like this, which is used (if so desired) to add to the "load" of your steering. (either that or just tune it so it steers/tracks in a way you are most comfortable with it)  Some drivers, especially those for course skiers like some load on the wheel so that in can be held straight with slight downward pressure on the steering wheel.

GeoB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeoB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2021 at 6:52pm
Bummer on my photo. I still can not find the icon to attach a photo.

My Thinggy is your lower photo. Trim tabs.

Wow, I guess they function like on an airplane wing.

Way over my needs.

Thanx!!
Geo
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2021 at 6:58pm
If you are on a phone or tablet, forget it, won't be posting photos.  If on a computer, click on the little arrow pointing NE over the comment box, then in the new tool bar, click on the tree and follow the 2 step upload process

"airplane wing" Exactly.  

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic