NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2000 Super Sport Pylon

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
LongLakeWI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongLakeWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2000 Super Sport Pylon
    Posted: October-04-2021 at 5:24pm
Hey all!  I’m shopping for a open bow Nautique and came across a 2000 Super Sport with the pylon in the middle.  This in my mind defeats the purpose of wrap around seating and a v-drive.  We are a family of rec skier, never ski courses, some footing ect…

1.  Can the pylon be removed?
2.  Can I mount a short pylon by the back bench seat similar to every other Super Sport & Super Air ever made after?

Thanks in advance! 
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2021 at 1:37pm
You can remove the pylon pretty easily (I did need a hand from Hollywood the last time I pulled one from a Super Sport). It’s kind of tight but it can be done.

Putting one behind the seat is a fairly easy job but it will require the structure that attaches to the hull to be installed in addition to drilling a big hole in the fiberglas. If you’re gonna foot behind the boat, probably ask around but I think you’ll want the center pylon or fly high if you don’t have a tower.
LongLakeWI View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LongLakeWI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2021 at 10:46am
Originally posted by tryathlete tryathlete wrote:

You can remove the pylon pretty easily (I did need a hand from Hollywood the last time I pulled one from a Super Sport). It’s kind of tight but it can be done.

Putting one behind the seat is a fairly easy job but it will require the structure that attaches to the hull to be installed in addition to drilling a big hole in the fiberglas. If you’re gonna foot behind the boat, probably ask around but I think you’ll want the center pylon or fly high if you don’t have a tower.

Tryathlete,
Thanks for the info, much appreciated!!  I’m thinking of adding a tower regardless in order to add Bimini and get boards off the floor ect….We do a little footing, handful of times a year so maybe keep the center pylon.  My biggest concern is that it’s in the way and/or puts the rope in the way of rear passengers.  Are there parts available for the structure you’re referring too?  Thanks again!
Mike
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-11-2021 at 11:11am
Mike, doubtful there are kits but you could copy something easily if you got some pics of a newer SS or Super Air Nautique. I don’t think you’ll want to ski much behind the SS unless you are really flying. The wake is big until you hit some serious speed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic