Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Swim Platform Install

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
b.miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b.miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swim Platform Install
    Posted: August-31-2021 at 1:40pm
Guys,I have a 1978 Mustang17.Looking to install a swim platform.I was going to order the platform from this site but was looking for some info from people who have installed them.I need to know dimensions of the platform if someone has the same boat as mine.I am ordering the removable brackets from Alloy Marine.I will have to do some modifications with the ladder going down the back of the boat but I have that figured out.Any help would be appreciated!
wayoutthere View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2021 at 8:45pm
Install the mounts and make a template for the platform from plywood, from that point you can send it off and have it made from teak or fiberglass or aluminum or whatever material and finish you desire.

I made a platform from marine ply, let me dig up some pictures of the process i followed.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2021 at 9:11pm

T-nuts for mounting are hidden under the fiberglass its wrapped in, shot with gel and has tuffcoat non skid.
The side angles where just found from using a straight edge on the hullsides to match the lines of the boat, then trimmed down maybe  1/2 inch.
Million ways to do it, but making a template is pretty straight forward.
b.miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b.miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2021 at 7:42am
Thank you for the info on your platform.I was really curious about the platforms that you purchase off of this site.Are the platforms 2ft wide? Also does anyone have the contact info from the company that makes these platform for this site?I just have some questions that need to be answered by the manufacture.
3mile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3mile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2021 at 8:00am
I am also interested in this site's platforms. A piece of my teak broke on my 87 riviera and I want a replica. I do not believe it is the same size as a tique. I do like cutting out a stencil first if getting someone local to make one

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wayoutthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-01-2021 at 4:27pm
I did some googling, if you scroll down to post #9 it has dimensioms; 
however it doesn't mention the curve or at what distance from the hull the back width is measured at. If the member is still online and/or available maybe he can make or help you with those dimensions.

There are some other good reads about mustangs and swim platforms regarding transom thickness and the likely hood of adding a backing plate to distribute the load.

https://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=35607&title=swim-platforms
b.miller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b.miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2021 at 8:42am
Thanks,I looked that post up.It answers some of questions.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic