Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Centek muffler - 1601139

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nzltmp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzltmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Centek muffler - 1601139
    Posted: August-23-2021 at 9:23am
The muffler on my 2001 has an internal rattle.  

I am considering attempting to make an internal repair.  Wondering if anyone has pictures of the internal design, as this may help me make the decision to attempt the repair?

If i cant make the repair i'll spend the money to order a new one (est $600).

JayG80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2021 at 10:25am
I think you might post your question in a different area than Parts Wanted and have more responses.

A member here and also on PlanetNautique.com goes by JHersey29.  He made a youTube video of the repairs to his muffler.  

Edit to Add ->  https://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=17967&OB=DESC  and 
https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/maintenance-technical-discussion/29556-muffler-rattle-not-against-the-hull

Basically, he removed the muffler,  used a grinder wheel and cut a square access port in the top of the muffler to see the broken internal baffle.  Did some fiberglass repair internally and then patched over the access hole he created.

The internals are fairly simple. As I recall from 2015.  There is a bulkhead baffle about midway front to back.  The access port was about 8" square or so and was centered over that internal bulkhead.    Maybe you can message JHersey29 for a link to his repair videos.

I found a used muffler and my fiberglass skills are lacking so I never opened up my muffler.  Once out of the boat I could see the baffle had collapsed from the exit hose port.  It would barely rattle if shaken.  While in the boat, my muffler would pillow up when the motor was revved up.

The rubber padding under the muffler had shifted and there was a thin spot on bottom of muffler where it rubbed against the hull.  Pinhole leak.
2007 Ski
2002 Ski
nzltmp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nzltmp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2021 at 1:56pm
thanks

ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2021 at 7:15pm
If you did not fix and are looking for a nice used one I have one.
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic