Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT-40 Engine Decal Question

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GT-40 Engine Decal Question
    Posted: August-01-2021 at 10:01pm
I am wanting to get a new / replacement for the main red and yellow Pro Boss GT-40 decal  (larger lettering on top of motor) for my 96 Ski Nautique.  I have a local sign shop that does a great job with my boat numbers and I am sure they could easily replicate the design, font, colors etc.....off a picture but with the engine temperature and heat where that decal / lettering is I am not sure the typical vinyl lettering material they use would last under the heat or if it is even safe to use.   
I searched the internet and CCFan but did not find anything for the GT-40 decal.
I would appreciate any suggestions etc.... from the group on what options would be out there for me to get this decal or lettering bought / made.

SRB
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2021 at 12:46pm
So, are you asking for a photo of the GT-40 Pro Boss stickers? Or what type of material may be best for the hot environment and a photo. I can provide a photo. It may be a little trial and error as to the type of material to make the sticker out of. I am sure there is more heat tolerant material and your shop should have knowledge of that. There are and most engine bays motors and dog houses have stickers within and on them from the factory. You just need to install the stickers back in their original locations as I am sure you plan on and you should be safe.
JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic