Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Accelerator pump nozzles and cams

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Accelerator pump nozzles and cams
    Posted: July-30-2021 at 3:46pm
After I rebuilt our 302 PCM for the ski Tique I have had an issue where it loses power. If I am cruising at about 8-10 mph and put the throttle down it will momentarily lose power then take off. Quick bog then takes off.

I changed the accelerator pump nozzle from the stock 21 to a 25. It appears to have fixed the issue. I also bought some different cams for the carb but haven’t tried any. Should I just leave it alone now or is there an additional benefit to going to a different accelerator cam?
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2021 at 3:47pm
What color cam is on the carby now?
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2021 at 4:26pm
Currently it has a red cam.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2021 at 6:09pm
Since it appears to have fixed the issue, why mess with success? Wink
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2021 at 6:13pm
I was thinking that as well but wasn’t sure if there was any performance or fine tuning reason to mess with the cam.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2021 at 6:24pm
between cams and nozzles and different volume pump diaphragms, you could probably have enough combinations to drive yourself crazy, I think I'd just leave it alone unless you turned it into a real gas hog.

Besides it's RED and Jonny likes RED Wink
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-30-2021 at 6:31pm
Since the rebuild it already loves gas.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic