Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

snapped my rudder :(

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jblocal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblocal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: snapped my rudder :(
    Posted: July-26-2021 at 6:13pm
Came in from fishing this weekend and broke my rudder off backing into my friends driveway. Ouch Does anyone happen to have a 1 1/2" shaft rudder for a Fishnautique laying around or know where I can find one?

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2021 at 8:02pm
Don't know who would but Buck Algonquin was the supplier to CC. The master list shows a 11A was used as you can see here alot of models used them.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2021 at 9:05pm
That doesn't look like an 11A rudder (slightly different shape) and an 11A doesn't have a 1/1/2 inch shaft either

Are you sure you have a 1 1/2 inch shaft?

Maybe it's been changed at some point in the past.

It does have the square top of the shaft for a CC style tiller arm though.
jblocal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblocal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2021 at 7:59am
It’s not a 11a and it is 1 1/2” shaft. My fish is a 87 so maybe they change rudder in later years or was replaced before I got the boat. I have found similar sizes but all the shafts are 20” so looks like I would need to have it cut to 7” and have the square machined for tiller arm.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2021 at 8:00am
Didn't Jeff over on PN have a couple Fish Nautiques when he was restoring his, maybe he has one laying around. 
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2021 at 8:19am
Originally posted by jblocal jblocal wrote:

It’s not a 11a and it is 1 1/2” shaft. My fish is a 87 so maybe they change rudder in later years or was replaced before I got the boat. I have found similar sizes but all the shafts are 20” so looks like I would need to have it cut to 7” and have the square machined for tiller arm.

There are an old thread or 2 here on CCF referencing the same 1/1/2 inch shaft. on a big FN (they had no resolution to their problem though).

Here's a link to a Marine Hardware catalog where you may or may not find a solution, without getting a new tiller arm also, or making a special order or something like that.

If nothing else there's plenty of good reading and info Wink

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2021 at 8:46am
Originally posted by jblocal jblocal wrote:

I have found similar sizes but all the shafts are 20” so looks like I would need to have it cut to 7” and have the square machined for tiller arm.

The shafts come untrimmed so they can be used in several different ports. We would get a new rudder in, cut it to length and cut the square top. All plain hack saw work. Drilling and tapping the top for the safety bolt was even done with a hand drill. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2021 at 9:03am
Originally posted by gun-driver gun-driver wrote:

Didn't Jeff over on PN have a couple Fish Nautiques when he was restoring his, maybe he has one laying around. 
jblocal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jblocal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2021 at 8:04pm
Ended up having my local prop guy make a stainless match. Seems I got lucky and he had a similar one laying around from a canceled order and modified it to match mine. A new one from BA is crazy expensive  Ran the boat today can't tell a difference from old one.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic