Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

holman moody 302

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
93/70 ccpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: holman moody 302
    Posted: July-23-2021 at 7:43pm
color code for holman moody blue?
what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2021 at 8:20am
What year? They differed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2021 at 1:30pm
tim i think its a 68 has lighter blue not the real dark blue

what you dont want to hear from jbear and bill.you cant get in the boat till you get your minute,and they throw you back in water!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2021 at 9:34am
I want to say “old Ford blue” might be close, I know reid will remember. Believe the interceptors of that vintage used “Ford dark blue”.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2021 at 10:51am
Mine had a bunch of colors on it- it was hard to decipher. There was no light blue but it did have a dark blue and someone thought black looked good on parts of it. I went with the dark because I liked it.

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-27-2021 at 11:03am
I do like that color, Gary.  Better than the the lighter Ford “blue”.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2021 at 7:14pm
ok thanks all i think ill go with dark blue,is going to be put on backburner till this winter.

67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2021 at 8:26am
Gary beautiful engine very nice detail
Do people on dock comment when you lift doghouse
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2021 at 11:11am
I run a '69 Mustang in a vintage race group. For the Fords of the era, Duple-Color DE1606 seems to be the engine paint of choice.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 93/70 ccpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2021 at 12:59pm
if i change from left hand to right hand rotation what do i need,,(right hand dist ,right hand cam, right hand starter)anything else?
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2021 at 3:09pm
Wow like that dark blue on that engine! Great choice.....
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2021 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by 93/70 ccpb 93/70 ccpb wrote:

if i change from left hand to right hand rotation what do i need,,(right hand dist ,right hand cam, right hand starter)anything else?

you'll need a RH crankshaft because the normal rotation crankshaft has knurling/wick/helix lines going the other direction at the rear main seal and you'll have an oil leak.

Or......you get the lines machined out or a speedi sleeve installed and hope the smooth 2 pc rear main seal seal works.

Gary S can tell you what he went through and did for a non leaking rear main seal or here's a link to an old thread where he mentions it.

And only a RH distributor gear for your present distributor Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic