NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

100 Amp alternator upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2021 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by MurphyCO MurphyCO wrote:

Keno, thanks, I intend to do surgery on a new bracket soon as it comes in.

And yes, the new alternator has internal cooling fan blades. 

In the two pictures above you can see that even some thinner bushings might solve the issue - the large one came with the alternator, but using it plus any of the 3 different sizes I have is still too thick, and leaving the large one out and replacing with two smaller ones almost....just almost works but the pulley scrubs on the alternator housing. 

Frustrating. 

I did buy a couple of replacement belts today for insurance and the kid ( they all look like they're 12 to me) at the auto parts store said I could get bushings from Fastenal. Might check that out. 

Thanks for all the help. 

Gary

Add between the 2 thinner bushings a flat washer or fender washer, might just shim it out enough to not rub. Just guessing, altering the bracket is likely the better solution, but this would be easy to try.

i always have spare belts with me. And though others here may cringe, a slight misalignment on an alternator belt is unlikely to snap the belt.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2021 at 10:07pm
Well we have to learn something every day!  Now if I can remember the lesson.🥸
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2021 at 10:51pm
I just had my "finals".  I'm done learning- I'm taking the rest of the summer off. But for extra credit could you use the large diameter spacer and trim down one of the smaller diameter ones by 3/16" ?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic