Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Stalling Issue 86 Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ken View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stalling Issue 86 Nautique
    Posted: June-13-2004 at 10:55pm
My 1986 Ski Nautique w/351 PCM is currently having stalling issues. It runs and idles fine for about an hour. It will just shut down for no reason at slow speeds (1,000 RPM's or less). If I get it above 1,000 RPM's it runs great. Again, I get about one hours use out of it before it acts up. I can start it right back up after it stalls and rev it up. The engine had only 570 hours. New fuel filter installed today, new impeller (it's not over heating), fresh gas, new plugs and wires. Any suggestions? The key is that after an hours worth of use it's like somebody hits a switch and it shuts down.

Thanks,

Ken Spurling
Upton, Massachusetts
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2004 at 11:30pm
ignition coil overheating ?
kenny g
Ken View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2004 at 11:48pm
Not sure about the ignition coil. I believe that it is in the electical system (ie bad condensor, points). There are signs that the points are "flashing". It stalls like somebody just turned the ignition off while underway. It's not the rough and rumbly fuel / carburetor feel. It's also not the vapor lock feeling either.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2004 at 12:59pm
It's fixed now. The problem was a shattered balist resister. I replaced it and the coil. The problem is resolved. Pretty cheap and painless repair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic