Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 GT40 sensors and swithces

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 GT40 sensors and swithces
    Posted: April-12-2021 at 1:25pm
I started this new tread so as not to hijack Michaels thread that is NOT talking about a GT40 :)   Link
The following pictures are of my sensors and switches I took last year while under the dog house. Mainly was working on a temp gauge issue not reading what my infra red gun was. 10 deg difference. 
My labels on threee of the items are based on the diagram in the GT40 service manual page 2A-2. Engine coolant temp sensor (ECT), Air Charge Tenmpertature sensor (ACT),  Oil pressure switch for (SLOW) and Water Temp switch for (SLOW). 
The engine temp sensor on the water pump I labeled as such because it has a tan wire as shown in several wiring diagrams for engine temp, and in my troubleshooting the temp gauge, this wire when grounded and open caused the temp gauge needle to move. 
Hopefully this will help with wire colors and locations. If PCM decided to change wire colors and locations in other years, then this is at least good for the 1998 years LOL

84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2021 at 6:13pm
Now that deserves one of these Marty  Wink

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic