Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'96 SN Blower

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
corvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '96 SN Blower
    Posted: April-08-2021 at 11:18am
'96 SN--blower will not run. It has been "intermittent" for awhile, requiring me to push in the cb several times to get it going. Number one: 
I'm guessing the first thing to do is to check the cb and try to short across it to see if the blower runs. Number two: while I'm at it I'll check to see if there is power to the cb. Number three: Maybe then try to power the blower from the backside of the cb using a battery to see if that works. Number four: If it is a bad cb where can I get a replacement? Number five: I guess I'll have to get to the blower motor--where is it and how do I get to it? And if it's a bad blower, where can I get a replacement for that?

Sorry for the dumb questions. Doing the best I can out here!

Thanks in advance, 

corvet
Mike
James T Brockma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2021 at 1:37pm
Covet, Though I am not sure where exactly where the blower is on your 1996 SN, the blower on my 1987 Martinique, 1998 SN 176 and 2006 216 were mounted to the aluminum engine cradle right next to the engine. If yours is not  visible under the engine cover you can track it down by listening for it during one of the few times you have it operating. Getting yoor VOM out should quickly find the problem. If your blower is original it could very well be on it’s last leg. I am not sure it is the best thing to do but I have used a very small of amount of WD 40 sprayed directly into one or more “temperamental” Circuit Breaker/Dash Switchs on my Martinique and 176 and then depressed the breaker/switch multiples times and was successful in “cleaning” the contacts in the breaker/switch. Afterwards I had years of trouble service. New 3 and 4 inch blowers, 3 and 4 inch blower hose and “Circuit Breaker/Switch Dash” are available from NautiqueParts.com. Use the discount code “PND” and get 10% off.
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176
corvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2021 at 2:24pm
Thanks, James. I’ll try the WD-40 first. If it works I’ll buy you lunch!
Mike

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2021 at 4:38pm
WOW!!! Thanks. Just be aware I can be a BIG eater!!! LOL. Seriously, report back on the results so we all learn.
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176
corvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 3:44pm
Hey James, you were right! A few squirts of magic WD40 on the circuit breaker and that blower started right up! Navigate yourself down to Chelsea, AL and lunch is on me. Thanks for your expertise, or for your experience.
Mike
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 6:19pm
I'd start with 12 volts direct to the blower. That will likely tell you if the problem is the blower itself or someplace along the wire path.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote James T Brockma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 7:02pm
I’m certainly not an expert but glad to help. If you have anymore blower issues do what ultrarunner suggested and put 12v directly to the blower. If it is original blower you can’t go wrong by replacing it with a new one. As for lunch: my suggestion since you are spending a lot of time with your boat, I’d like to donate your offer back to you so you can take your significant other out to lunch and spend quality time. Life is short. 
Jim '06 216

'98 SN 176
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by ultrarunner ultrarunner wrote:

I'd start with 12 volts direct to the blower. That will likely tell you if the problem is the blower itself or someplace along the wire path.

But the problem is already fixed and he was offering to buy James lunch for his solution and James had a solution for the lunch too Wink.

corvet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corvet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 9:37pm
Thanks, James. You are right--life is short; ensure you know that you know that you know where you are going when your earthly body dies. I know--I hope you do, too. 

My "significant other" is my bride of 35 years, the lovely and gracious Lady Sandra. She and I will enjoy a nice meal together, and remember your "significant help"!

God bless and keep you.

Mike
Mike
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic