NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need advice please Keno

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2021 at 8:52am
If you haven't solved the problem yet, you might want to check that the electrical connection to sensor is clean & tight.  I had one that was loose & engine vibration would cause erratic readings.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Tko87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tko87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2021 at 9:20am
I have already confirmed it with a manual gauge but this afternoon I'm going to move the sending unit away from the relocation kit which the sensor is jammed into a corner of the kit and move it down to where the factory oil filters screwed in at the bottom of the engine to the left of the oil pan and see what happens

Tko87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tko87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2021 at 2:00pm
Yet another update, this one may be a little difficult to explain..
I removed the oil temperature sender that was mounted right above the factory oil filter housing..
I noticed no oil came out. I stuck my pinky in there and felt something spongy. Almost like the outside of a balloon.

Anyway I kept that area off went from a single oil filter on top to a dual oil filter system put a new sending unit there as well as the temperature sender

After doing this my oil pressure came down around 5 lb so 70 went cold and if I let it warm up for about 15 minutes it drops down to about 50 so I think I'm definitely okay

Main thing I'm wondering is what was that spongy thing I was feeling and why did in any oil come out ?

Definitely have good circulation in the valve covers engine runs perfect
Tko87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tko87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-28-2021 at 5:21pm
Yet another update, this one may be a little difficult to explain..
I removed the oil temperature sender that was mounted right above the factory oil filter housing..
I noticed no oil came out. I stuck my pinky in there and felt something spongy. Almost like the outside of a balloon.

Anyway I kept that area off went from a single oil filter on top to a dual oil filter system put a new sending unit there as well as the temperature sender

After doing this my oil pressure came down around 5 lb so 70 went cold and if I let it warm up for about 15 minutes it drops down to about 50 so I think I'm definitely okay

Main thing I'm wondering is what was that spongy thing I was feeling and why did in any oil come out ?

Definitely have good circulation in the valve covers engine runs perfect .another thing that I noticed my engine oil is not getting above 140° but this is hooked to a water hose.
Tko87 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tko87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-29-2021 at 8:12pm
Well there ended up being some sort of scream or sleeve where the oil sending unit goes remove that and everything is fine....

I think the panic is coming to an end

Time to try and enjoy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic