NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Electric issue. Buzzer sn 2001 89

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
fahtal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahtal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric issue. Buzzer sn 2001 89
    Posted: March-21-2021 at 9:11am
Hi

I have some voltage drop issues. So i removed all the audio crap the previous owner installed.

Also the horn didn't work. Removing the button panel is see the horn button is attached to a AI-380K - CONSTANT TONE BUZZER. And it doesn't look original.

My question is. Is the buzzer an original item? Or did somebody put it in later.

It looks like it is attached to the rpm gauge...
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2021 at 10:43am

It sounds like this constant tone buzzer you describe is the systems alarm in the picture above of an 89 dash from somewhere here on CCF.

It's function in life was to make an annoying noise when you had an  issue like low oil pressure, hi cooling water temperature, low voltage or not much gas left in the tank.

Since it was so annoying along with being kinda erratic, the box it was hooked to was often disconnected so it wouldn't work.( or the box just plain broke in many cases)

It gets no CCF love at all Wink

Your horn switch should be wired to a bigger horn than that buzzer and why somebody would tuck the buzzer up under the dash is a mystery.

Do you have a hole in the dash where the systems alarm is in the picture?

fahtal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahtal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2021 at 12:12pm
yes that is it! Thank you! i don`t think i have a hole like that. the buzzer just hangs around behind the panel. 

the big red horn switch gets it + from the buzzer.....

and the horn was attached to the subwoofer i just thrown out of the boat...

So i will look if mr wise guy hooked up some other weird *************** on weird places... last year we made a starter button because there was not enough power at the key switch. it works but i like to get the gremlins out. 

another question the small buttons on the right. they work like fuse breakers? are the still for sale? what is the name or product number because i`m missing one for the top light. 

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2021 at 1:02pm
They're called ETA breakers and you can click on the link below to find them at SkiDim. They can also be found at many other places too 

link

If you search ETA breakers here on CCF, you'll find quite a bit of info  Wink
fahtal View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fahtal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2021 at 4:36pm
Great thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic