Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1985 351 Ford PCM engine

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
64Hydrodyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64Hydrodyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1985 351 Ford PCM engine
    Posted: March-15-2021 at 12:08pm
Is there any interest out there for a 351 Ford Commander ( not a PCM Pleasure Craft Marine) engine. I'm removing it from a 1985 Barefoot Nautique. Yes, you read that correctly. I have been told, the 351 was an option in that boat which cut the cost down a little bit. Supposedly, it had some high performance parts which increased the horsepower. It has several Commander pieces on it including the engine mounts and stainless steel exhaust pipes. I'd rather sell it as a whole than part it out. It's in rough shape and it looks like it has been a long time since it ran. It's missing the distributor and the water pump.

I'm willing to trade for some items needed for the BFN restoration such as a windshield-just the front glass piece, swim platform, 454 parts/block, swim platform, steering helm/cable/wheel, throttle, coosa pieces, 454 damper plate, seats or seat brackets, or there may be parts you have which you think I may be able to use.

Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from any of you.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2021 at 1:28pm
You have a journey ahead but not one that has not already taken.

With all you are planning on doing a used damper plate does not make sense to me. They are not that terribly expensive and don’t scrimp on something that would be a PIA down the road to change
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64Hydrodyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2021 at 1:46pm
Thank you for the kind words. I find much comfort in knowing that I'm not on this adventure alone.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2021 at 1:58pm
Some people have been known to buy entire part boats just for that front windshield glass.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64Hydrodyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2021 at 2:04pm
Thank you for the information. Sometimes the more difficult the problem, the more unique the solution.
bcollins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2021 at 11:49am
Where are you located and how much for mitor
1974 ski nautique, 1978 ski nautique, 1993 ski nautique.
Working on the toys became a full time job. Glad it's my job.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64Hydrodyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2021 at 11:54am
I'm located East of Charlotte, NC. I'm making a rig tonight to get the motor out. Someone is coming to look at the motor tomorrow and they've been patiently waiting. If that falls through, I'll let you know.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64Hydrodyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2021 at 3:12pm
The person who was supposed to come today is a no show, doesn't answer texts or calls. I've got the motor out and it is ready to sell for $200, that's the block, the heads, the valve covers, the oil pan, some pulleys, an old belt, and an alternator. I'm in Norwood, NC.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64Hydrodyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2021 at 10:18pm
I've taken the motor apart into different parts. If you're interested please see the new listing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic