NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil Question?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil Question?
    Posted: November-08-2020 at 11:46pm
Does anyone have thoughts on high mileage oil?    I am out of the PENN 10w40 that I was running, and discovered that my local supplier has fallen victim to COVID and is no longer in buisness.   I found Mobile 1  10w40at walmart in the high mileage formulation, but I don't know if that will have adverse affects on my engine with 60 hours?     

Just for reference, and to quell the lashing I'd get about ZDDP,   My engine was built with a roller cam Big smile

If the MOBILE 1 10-40 isn't good, can someone make a recommendation?   does Diesel oil work?   there was plenty of options in the 15-40 diesel variety. 

Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2020 at 1:22am
High mileage oil may contain additives to swell seals to help stop oil leaks.  I would recommend non high mileage oil unless you have high miles/hours or a pesky oil leak.  Diesel oil is generally very good oil.  Rotella T6 synthetic is good stuff. 

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2020 at 11:22am
Thanks JQ!  I wondered if the seal swelling agent might be the difference.   I don't have any leaks in the current set up, so no need for a swelling agent.   

Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-10-2020 at 4:52am
Mobil 1 15w50 is what Mobil recommends in both roller and flat tappet marine engines.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic