Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1988 Ski Nautique - KEEPING the BOAT

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Slydog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slydog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1988 Ski Nautique - KEEPING the BOAT
    Posted: November-05-2020 at 12:02pm
1988 Ski Nautique.....

Devised an ambitious restoration plan....
Always looking for glass on the lake...
Sly
MarkConesus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MarkConesus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2020 at 8:58am
I am looking for a fly wheel , my motor is a 351 windsor.  Part number C6ZE-6380-A.   I am looking for one without chipped gears.

thanks
Mark
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2020 at 9:18am
Originally posted by MarkConesus MarkConesus wrote:

I am looking for a fly wheel , my motor is a 351 windsor.  Part number C6ZE-6380-A.   I am looking for one without chipped gears.

thanks

Mark,
I'd just install a new ring gear on the flywheel. Count the number of teeth and head to the auto supply. If the teeth aren't chipped real bad, you can also just flip the one you have over. R&R is a heat shrink so a press isn't needed. Plenty of youtubes that show how it's done. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2020 at 9:36am
157 tooth ring gear, it’s $15 and available locally (advance, napa etc).
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2020 at 9:37am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Originally posted by MarkConesus MarkConesus wrote:

thanks

Mark,
I'd just install a new ring gear on the flywheel. Count the number of teeth and head to the auto supply. If the teeth aren't chipped real bad, you can also just flip the one you have over. R&R is a heat shrink so a press isn't needed. Plenty of youtubes that show how it's done. 

If all you need is a ring gear, read the quote below for some info, picture not included Wink

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

You tell the guy at the parts store that you need a flywheel and/or ring gear to fit a 1967 Mustang with a 289 and a 4 speed transmission.

The ring gear is 157 teeth.

Don't tell them you need a flywheel for an automotive 351w because those all had 164 teeth and were a bigger diameter .

Here's a picture with the Ford part number cast into the flywheel There have been a few updated part numbers over the years but they're 157 teeth in the marine application.

The flywheel will probably clean up pretty well and the ring gear you can have removed and replaced or if you have torches, you can heat the ring gear and it will come off pretty easily or you can go "early caveman" with a hammer and chisel and get it off without damaging the flywheel

To put it on, boot the wife/girlfriend out of the kitchen for a half hour or so and heat the ring gear to about 500 degrees in the oven and it'll slip right on the flywheel.

Don't forget the heavy insulated gloves  

And read this quote for some readily available part numbers you could provide the guy at the counter if he's having any trouble.

You can add Pioneer FRG-157N to that list too.

Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Napa 6003030
Dorman 04410
Sealed Power 416121
ATP ZA 503
Ford C20z6384b
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-13-2020 at 10:03am
And...............if you want the whole flywheel complete with teeth, here are a couple of part numbers that work.

ATP Z401
Pioneer FW-163
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic