NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1990 SN need access to fuel tank

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1990 SN need access to fuel tank
    Posted: October-15-2020 at 10:05am
Looking to replace my fuel sender and need access to fuel tank. Do I have to remove the complete rear bench and frame?
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2020 at 10:45am
I'm planning on replacing mine this winter.  On my '92 the rear seat just lifts out.  I expect a '90 is the same.  Just pull it straight up.  Depending on access you may have to disconnect the tank and slide it forward.  Which sender are you planning on using?  I'm going to buy this one:

92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2020 at 10:57am
Thanks, that's the same type of sender I plan to buy. Skiboatpartsonline.com has them also.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2020 at 1:28pm
We have discussed these in the past. You do some shopping you can find them way cheaper than nautiqueparts. Even the manufacturer list is cheaper. A quick look on ebay turned this up- https://www.ebay.com/itm/323278848377
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-15-2020 at 2:41pm
WOW, that's a lot cheaper. THANKS!
It looks to me that I'll have to take out the storage bins under the seat to get to the screws that hold the back cushion in. Anybody know for sure.
wkeith View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wkeith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2020 at 7:09am
On my 1990 SN the hole back seat and storage bins lifts straight up. I did have to slid the tank out a little to get the new sender installed. I bought this one;
Genuine Marine S5 Fuel Water Electric Liquid Level Gauge Sensor Sender Unit, 9.5 Inch, with Gasket (1Pcs) and Screw (5Pcs), Strong Corrosion Resistance, (316 Stainless Steel, 240-33 ohms)
Sold by: Genuine Marine Systems
$37.97
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic