NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

H.O. Hovercraft

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H.O. Hovercraft
    Posted: September-15-2020 at 1:26pm
I bought the H.O. Hovercraft ski for my family members and friends struggling to get up on a standard slalom ski on deep water starts, so I’m going with some new technology.  So far, so good.  One son-in-law got up for the first time.  I gave the ski a try and was very surprised at how that big, bad boy turns.  I was at 32-off and 20 mph.  It was kinda fun. I’ll bet I could get all 6 at 32-off...just slow down to 15 or so.  I’ve got a week-long trip planned on the houseboat, so I’m sure that the Hovercraft will get a workout.  My wife and sister-in-law really want to get up again on a slalom, but age and injuries have taken a toll.  The HC may be the answer for them also.  I’ll try to get some pix.  

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2020 at 5:20pm
I stumbled across that on the HO site when I was looking at the new Freerides. The Hovercraft looks kinda cool.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2020 at 7:06pm
Love the Hovercraft.  We had one at the Nautique Swervin Weekend last year and held a HC tournament with all the volunteers at the end of the day.  I want to say the winning score was somewhere deep into 38 off at 18MPH.  Lots of laughs that day. 
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2020 at 1:13pm
I just returned from a week long houseboat ski vacation. The HO Hovercraft got a good workout. My Son-In-Law is a big lad and skied well on the HC — making good progress as a beginner slalom skier.  My Sister-In-Law hadn’t been able to get up on a traditional slalom ski for 5 years...she got up and skied well on the HC.  My cousin was struggling on her deep water slalom starts on her traditional ski—she got up on the HC and skied well.  

I’m very pleased with this ski and its ability to fill a needed niche.

JQ
Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2020 at 2:03pm
I have been waiting and trying to find a deal on one but I guess I will have to pay $$$.  What size did you get? 

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2020 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

I have been waiting and trying to find a deal on one but I guess I will have to pay $$$.  What size did you get? 

67 inch.  It did not seem too small for my Son-In-Law who tips the scales at 225 — yet the girls skied it well.

JQ

Current

Previous

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2020 at 3:17pm
The best I can find is $499 before tax with a freemax binging and rear toe.  I may have to go buy one for myself for x-mas.  I have a big classic swivel wood ski that is good for teaching people to get up, but if you cut hard the tail comes out. There are days I think the HC would be fun.  Hitting a surfboat's wake as it crosses my wake (like a double up) on that sucker could be fun too.  
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic