Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Best Boat Cover for 84' 2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
GMVetteMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMVetteMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Boat Cover for 84' 2001
    Posted: August-24-2020 at 12:31pm
I have a 1984 Ski Nautique that spends some time outdoors, but I want to take as good a car of it as possible.  Does anyone have a recommendation for the best boat cover that will shed water, and allow for breathing?  She is a 1,400 hour boat that runs great and looks great for its age.  

Tim Franklin
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2020 at 12:46pm
Tim,
Here's the best I know of. Many including myself can vouch for them. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2020 at 8:24am
I am in the process of getting a cover made for my Marauder and am working with them now.  Great people and easy to work with.  
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
mbshaw88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mbshaw88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2020 at 8:37am
Just a heads up if you thought about going this route, but I went through 2 of those ebay mooring covers through the 8 years I had my 82SN.
They work well but if it sits outside in the elements it will fade and thin by year 4.
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2020 at 2:21pm
another good option is skiboatcovers.com
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
GMVetteMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMVetteMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2020 at 5:34pm
Well - I went with Angola Canvas.  It came today, and it is very nicely done.  Reinforcements in all the right places.  I haven't ever had a good cover, so maybe I am easily pleased, but the ratchet rope with a little pocket is great.  Additionally, I asked them to make an extension to cover the swim platform, and it really looks great and works well.  

It is so nice when someone takes pride in their work and delivers a quality product.  It wasn't cheap, but I feel like I got what I paid for.  Pictures Below 

Tim Franklin
SunFun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunFun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-14-2020 at 3:16pm
I recently got a Pro Cover for my 1989 SN 2001.. These are the highest quality covers that I know of and are custom made to fit your boat.  Excellent quality with no poles needed to keep the puddles off and are trailerable. Here is a link:http://www.coversports.net/products.html
1989 SN 2001
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2021 at 7:53pm
I like my Rankin from here:

SunFun View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SunFun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-21-2021 at 6:55pm
I did alot of research to find the best cover for my 1989 SN and I chose Cover Source International.  
Their covers are custom made, are trailerable and require no poles and can also be used while being moored.  Very high quality so I highly recommend,

Here is the web address:

https://coversourceinternational.com/

1989 SN 2001
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic