Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1985 ski nautique carpet...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ksoloman525 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksoloman525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1985 ski nautique carpet...
    Posted: August-20-2020 at 5:09pm
My 1985 ski nautique has a red/black specked carpet that I can’t seem to find anywhere. I’ve received many samples from different suppliers and none have matched the original carpet. Any suggestions??
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 6:55pm
Kailey,
Are you looking for the turf style carpet? IE: "Astroturf" in red and black. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 7:06pm
Likely not for 85, no... speckled but not grass.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksoloman525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 8:04pm
Correct. It’s not a fluffy carpet by any means but it does not look like aquaturf. I will try to figure out how to post a picture of the color and texture of the carpet.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 8:16pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksoloman525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2020 at 8:23pm
[QUOTE=8122pbrainard]

Definitely the red/black but it has faded due to sun exposure over the years.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2020 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by ksoloman525 ksoloman525 wrote:

Correct. It’s not a fluffy carpet by any means but it does not look like aquaturf. I will try to figure out how to post a picture of the color and texture of the carpet.
Kailey,
The Aquaturf is not what CC used way back. The Aquaturf nap is round unlike the flat (like blades of grass) like the Astroturf type. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksoloman525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2020 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Kailey,
The Aquaturf is not what CC used way back. The Aquaturf nap is round unlike the flat (like blades of grass) like the Astroturf type. 

If I could figure out how to post a dang picture in here, I’d be able to show you that it’s indeed carpet and not AstroTurf. Is that all they used in 85?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2020 at 4:33pm

If I could figure out how to post a dang picture in here, I’d be able to show you that it’s indeed carpet and not AstroTurf. Is that all they used in 85?

Here's a recent thread from the forum "new" section:

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2020 at 6:00pm
Kailey

I just don't know what's wrong with Pete these days.

He could have at least offered to have you e mail him some pictures of your carpet and then he could post them in this thread.

So ..........let me graciously make the offer on Pete's behalf. Wink

Click on his profile and you can send him an e mail thru the site with your photos attached.

Or you can click on my profile and send them to me and I'll post them here.

If you're trying to put pictures here on CCF from let's say, a phone, "it ain't easy"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksoloman525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2020 at 6:14pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Kailey

I just don't know what's wrong with Pete these days.

He could have at least offered to have you e mail him some pictures of your carpet and then he could post them in this thread.

So ..........let me graciously make the offer on Pete's behalf. Wink

Click on his profile and you can send him an e mail thru the site with your photos attached.

Or you can click on my profile and send them to me and I'll post them here.

If you're trying to put pictures here on CCF from let's say, a phone, "it ain't easy"

Yes, I’m on here through my phone. It doesn’t give me an option to attach pictures through email either. Might have to hop on my laptop to do so.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksoloman525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2020 at 8:47pm
Woo finally! Here she is. Original carpet as you can tell... lots of wear and tear from traffic.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2020 at 7:41am
Kailey,
Definitely carpet and not the turf type. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksoloman525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2020 at 10:32am
Do you have any suggestions or know of someone who purchased new carpet to replace this? Just can’t find anything to match.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2020 at 7:55am
Kailey 
Be patient as it's the weekend so many are out enjoying the water. There's a good chance someone will know more about the carpet than I do. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic