Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1999 GT40 alternator upgrade

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
MurphyCO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MurphyCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1999 GT40 alternator upgrade
    Posted: March-07-2020 at 5:42pm
At the risk of being labeled a "parts changer" I bought the 100 amp alternator upgrade from Nautique parts, even though the old one is still working. The website said full instructions came with the (rather expensive) parts, but pretty much all that came was a note that the pulley would have to be changed. I would have figured that out, but my question is, other than the wiring shipped with the unit with the 100 amp fuse made into the wiring, is there any other electrical upgrades needed for the higher amp unit?

Gary
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2020 at 7:56pm
I'd call tell them you got screwed and ask for the instructions, but in the meantime, here's a link to some info.

Look at the last post in the thread by Giddyup and you'll find some abbreviated instructions by someone who installed one

Being a PCM kit, you'd have to assume it's done right and is safe too.

link
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2020 at 2:44pm
No its pretty simple I have one on my 89 never had an issue. You have the wiring kit so should be good to go.
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2020 at 10:44am
Is this upgrade recommended if I put in a heater, to account for the draw from the blower, or is stock fine?

Thanks.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2020 at 1:20pm
Look at the amp spec's of the heater. Heatercrafts 40,000 btu highest output heater uses 8.5 amps on high. Their pure electric 1500 watt uses 12 amps. I never noticed any issues with mine but I don't have much of an electrical load anyway.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic