NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Somebody help this guy find a Mastercraft

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2022 at 8:46am
Well here we are another year later with no updates on the Mastercraft project.

Some little bit of progress must have happened since then or did it disappear like the American Skier? Wink
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2022 at 12:53pm
No progress to report as of yet- we have aspirations of swapping a big block during the off season, but the boat has performed well with the small block so far.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-02-2022 at 12:58pm
Any updates in terms of graphics?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 10:37am
Winter has held off here in the northeast long enough for us to get committed on the MC 454 project. Big block and Powerslot are now sitting in the boat with a rough alignment done. Still a laundry list of things to do before we can water test, good winter project type stuff- shaft change, plumbing, motorbox, etc. I suspect this may be one of the first uses of the PCM conversion (ford—>Chevy) mounts on a big block… some learnings there, but we are forging ahead.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 12:45pm
 I see the typical lack of space between the Powerslot 1.52 to 1 transmission coupling and the gland nut for the shaft packing.................... just enough to fit the shaft coupling in there with a teeny bit of room to spareWink
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 1:24pm
Approaching 2” of clearance with the mock up 5” coupler I had on hand- downright generous clearance compared to my bfn! If the coupler were longer and/or this was a (appropriate for a 454) 10-18 instead of the 10-17 we had on hand (which would be 7/8” longer iirc), things would get a bit tight. I have not confirmed if there is any extra hose or log length that could be trimmed, but will be minimizing everything when the 1-1/8” packing gland is installed.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 1:45pm
I guess the picture is deceptive.

A picture when it's all assembled would be good.Wink
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 2:38pm
I believe we had 1-7/8” clearance to the gland with the coupler used for mock alignment. Will have to remeasure that coupler depth, I don’t have it written down. It was the shallowest 5”/1” that I had on hand.

Certainly not oodles of clearance, but I’ve worked with tighter.

Bfn + 80a for ref (that’s a 4” coupler). Shaft collar had to go on the outside.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2023 at 8:19am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I suspect this may be one of the first uses of the PCM conversion (ford—>Chevy) mounts on a big block… some learnings there, but we are forging ahead

What are the learnings?

I'll make a guess that they have something to do with up and down adjustment at the front of the engine
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 345
  Share Topic