NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CCF Product Review - NautiCurl Wake Shaper

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2017 at 4:45pm
Its basically the same thing, but one that has been known to work and work well right out of the box. I tried to use a suck gate that I made and it didn't work at all.. I can, with the nauticurl and my stock ballast and one 500lb sack on surf side, surf a SV211........

Buy one. If you don't like it, you can return it..
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

harddock View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harddock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2017 at 12:12pm
Videos won't show.

How about a link to this product
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-11-2017 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by *mtrbtr* *mtrbtr* wrote:

Mojo and others,
So what about these do you think makes them better than a suck gate?

#1) It is easier to put on the boat than Suck Gate. You can quickly move to the other side of the boat for a goofy footed person.

#2) It stays attached.

#3) No rope needed since it has a float.

There have been instances where the suck gate has hit people in the boat when it come unattached and swings on the rope back into the boat. We used a large bumper on ours so it completely leaves the boat and floats. A girl on Karr Lake near Raleigh, NC got her forehead slip wide open.

#4) Easy to take off.

I have never surfed my Sport, but my bubby has a SV211 and we would have to hold his feet and legs, two of us, when he would reattach suck gate in deep water. Then to remove it we would do the same thing. PITA. Also, the wave improved shape and size over suck gate. Delta Missions started out over $500.00 each. You can make a suck gate for $50.00. You will need a few hours to cut and build one. At $200 or so, it becomes reasonable to weigh your time vs effort. For basically, another $150 dollars you can have a better one premade. At $500.00 it is worth the time to make one.

I did find it funny that a guy will spend $150,000.00 for a Tubing / Surfing boat and then complain about spending another $500 for a Delta Mission. This is also after buying a $800 board and spending $200 each weekend in gas driving a weighted tug.

JMO,

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Tim_2001PNW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim_2001PNW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-26-2017 at 9:17pm
How well do you think it would perform an 84 Ski Nautique? I have two 400 ballast bags and another probably 250 to play with. Appreciate the help.
aemmawilson119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aemmawilson119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2018 at 5:41am
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

I see the changes in the wave, but let's see yall ride the waves.

awesome pike
TRIP View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRIP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2018 at 1:44am
I just posted a video in another thread that has some surfing with the Nauticurl in it. Thing works wonders!

Canuck-Surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck-Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2020 at 9:00pm
Keith/Gary or anyone else with a 90’s sport, do y’all have a pick of where the nauticurl attaches to the hull? I’m curious if it will mount to the cutout of my 96 Sport and clear the indentation above. I have a Swell from our 211 and it doesn’t work at all on the Sport.
1996 Sport Nautique GT40 EFI
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 5:27am
5:30 in the morning and I have my first chuckle of the day................You thinking Gary has a Nauticurl Wink
Canuck-Surfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canuck-Surfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 6:30am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

5:30 in the morning and I have my first chuckle of the day................You thinking Gary has a Nauticurl Wink

Hahaha...I had to go back and reread. I misread Gary’s post on the first page. Glad I could offer some comic relief. ;)
1996 Sport Nautique GT40 EFI
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Canuck-Surfer Canuck-Surfer wrote:

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Hahaha...I had to go back and reread. I misread Gary’s post on the first page. Glad I could offer some comic relief. ;)

Since you have a 96 and Keith wrote the review about using it on a 97 which I think is the same hull, wouldn't that tell you that it works on your hull too?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 7:09am
Matt,
I understand Gary is currently considering the nauticurl but his first project is making brackets to fasten his wheelchair to his board. 

Big smile  Big smile

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 8:47pm
Too crowded out there today for my wheelchair board Unhappy

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
DVskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DVskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2020 at 8:58pm
Wow! Pretty large flotilla for a small lake!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic