Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2005 SN Faria guage replacement

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
pontique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2005 SN Faria guage replacement
    Posted: May-30-2017 at 3:03pm
Greetings.
I have a 2005 SN limited with the Faria gateway/guages.
Thanks to post here, I disconnected my pitot tubes before anything failed, so my gateway box is fine.
I just lost an oil pressure guage, and they no longer make it. I have not found anyone who has the original (silver bezel, yellow needle) It looks like I will have to change the guages to another style.
Does anyone know if all/any of the newer Faria guages will simply plug into the existing wiring harness and cannon plugs?
Thanks
Todd
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 12:32pm
Have you contacted Faria with this question?? Also wondering if there is someone out there who could repair your existing gauge.
Have the same gauges in my 2005 so this topic is of great interest to me. If you do end up replacing all the gauges I may be interested in buying your old Gauges and Gateway
pontique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2017 at 1:22pm
Thanks.
I have discovered that they no longer make the original gauges. None of the dealers I called have any old stock.   Faria has a replacement set of gauges that are plug n play, but they look different. I do not know about replacing the speedo and tach.
Thanks for the offer. If I decide to change I will let you know.
CoryWright View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CoryWright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2017 at 11:06pm
With regards to the 2005 & 2006 guage issues I have the same issue. In my case, the two large gauges (I assume digital) work fine however none of the small gauges (I assume analog) are working.

It seems as though the Faria replacement kit which switches everything to analog is a huge disadvantage in that the perfect pass will no longer work after the conversion.

I wonder why one couldn't simply add additional wires to each of the sensors - fuel, oil, temp and alt and run them up to 4 new analog gauges (same for your oil guage). Does anyone know the answer?

Additionally, I wonder how many out there with 2005 and 2006 gateway boxes are having the same issue. If we could find out who Faria sub'd out for the gateway circuit board, perhaps we could contact the manufacturer to have them produce some more.

I would be interested to hear various comments. I am amazed at Nautique's dismal response to this issue - clearly the system is defective. From their past history, one would expect them to come up with a better solution.

pontique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pontique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2017 at 11:31pm
Cory,
I wonder if your issue is a failed gateway, or the 4 guages? I am assuming since your speedo and tach work, it is not a total gateway failure.
I know it sounds crazy that you could have 4 failed gauges, but I have had 2 fail. They are very cheaply built.
So, if it is the 4 gauges, Faria has one set of guages that are "plug and play" for our boats. They do not look the same, they have red needles. They are easy to install and plug into the existing cannon plugs. Maybe try one and see if it works.
As you said, if it is your gateway box, then Nautique Parts sells a number of conversion kits for the entire system, depending on your speed control My gateway has not failed, so I did not research those options.
If your speedo is still working, I would advocate you disconnect your pitot tubes from the gateway ASAP. Apparently the sensor can fail and flood the gateway with water. Brilliant.
Forgive me if I have given misunderstood your issue!
Thanks,
Todd
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 12:06pm
There is a thread on PN with quite a bit of info on this issue, there is a guy / service who can repair the gateways also. An 06 gateway is different then the 05, 05 has Pitots, 06 does not.

I feel Faria is the culprit on this issue not CC
fjroma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjroma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2017 at 12:18am
Has anyone with a failed gauge (or gauges) from 1 2005 SN pr AN actually replaced a single or multiple gauge(s) and had good results?
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2022 at 12:53am
How about where is this gateway? I have searched and cannot find one. There is a box just to left of the cockpit under the dash but it does not look like others gateways.
2005 Ski Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2022 at 6:59am
Are you looking for a Gateway box on your 1998 SN?

If so, I think you can quit looking Wink
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2022 at 9:35am
Haha, no I recently got a 2005 Ski Nautique
2005 Ski Nautique
fjroma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjroma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2022 at 10:19am
Check the "trunk" rear compartment. I sold my '05 but my new neighbor "Quinner" (see above post) still has his 206. We are all hoping he moves back to IL but at the moment we are stuck with him.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2022 at 11:06am
I have completed the upgrade (?) on my 2005 206.
My stargazer was plug/play and works fine.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
man0seven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man0seven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2022 at 11:35am
I found it. It is in the rear locker in the center right below the lifting ring.
2005 Ski Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-03-2022 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by man0seven man0seven wrote:

Haha, no I recently got a 2005 Ski Nautique

See the signature line at the bottom of each post you make.............maybe it should say 2005 Ski Nautique Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic