Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

airguide speedometers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
victor View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: airguide speedometers
    Posted: May-22-2004 at 10:25pm
I have an 84' ski nautique 2001. I noticed that underneath my swim pad one of the two airguide speed sensors (not sure what they are called)is broken. Can anyone recommend where I can get a replacement either used or new?? Any help would be appreciated
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2004 at 11:12pm
Pitot(s). Probably not going to find an original for love or money. Try skidim.com, they have a replacement model. Slightly different screw pattern used for mounting.
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
nauti girl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-24-2004 at 3:07pm
Do all pitots send the same pressure (Airguide, Faria, OMC, etc.)?
Nauti Girl
--I think my husband uses his own login now!
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2004 at 1:13am
Pitots are not technically sending units. They allow water pressure from the boats forward speed to compress the air in the pitot and the tube to the speedometer. This increase in air pressure is translated into mph by the speedometer itself. Because of this, I wouldn't think that there would be a difference in the pitots. BUT, since you have mentioned it, it would probably be a good idea to check with the seller. I am not pushing skidim on you, but I am confident that they would give you the right answer.
steven martini View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven martini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2004 at 2:37am
Guys, I have one on my 1993 but I think the sending unit is fine, it is the guage that is screwed up, any suggestions?

STeve
Rick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2004 at 4:39am
2 Brand new guages on Ebay right now Bidding over in 2 days I think Item #2480139351
larry williams View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote larry williams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-28-2004 at 2:48am
Yellowdog, why not push skidim? Those people are great! the service is good the page is clean it is hard to beat perfection, but since I have been dealing with them they have been nothing but top notch! "Good down home people for good down home folks"

Thanks- lookin at the 2004 catalog right now!
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-30-2004 at 12:22am
Originally posted by larry williams larry williams wrote:

Yellowdog, why not push skidim? Those people are great!

Larry, no argument here! Vince, Karen and the guy who didn't need a boat to barefoot have put together a great operation. Guess I was just trying to be politically correct? Most folks that know me would laugh at that!
Dave View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2005 at 5:49pm
I have access to a limited number of pitots (OEM) for the Airguide speedos used by Correct Craft. Let me know.
mrese View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2005 at 6:22pm
how much?
Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2005 at 8:16pm
One of my speedos is out. It looks like the previous owner spliced the tube from the pitot to the guage to keep from having to re-run the entire tube. The way I see it there are 3 pieces, the pitot, the tube and the guage. Any tips on how to tell which one of the three is causing the problem?
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2005 at 4:57am
Victor...Grab those from Dave...you won't have to drill any holes!
I just replaced two (dual set-up)with the OEM air guide pitots...10 minute job.

Dank...Have you checked for clogs? Both in the pitot opennig and the tube? To get up into the tube, you need to unscrew the nut that connects the pitot to the tube and gently remove the tube...carefull not to break the plastic fitting on the pitot.Often , over a period of time , the tube will get gummed up a bit.I use a big paper clip.As far as a splice goes, I would think it should work.

Pitots...yes that's what they are called...but how do you pronounce it? pie-tot?...pee-tot?..pi^tot?

Stang72
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2005 at 4:52pm
...how about pee-toe?
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-12-2005 at 2:20am
David F ...that sounds French!I refuse to sound French in this time of political unrest...No French... wines,toast,fries or kissing! Certainly no pitots pronounced "pea-toe"
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Dank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2005 at 2:38am
Well...I found out what was up w/my speedo. Turns out the right pitot goes to the left speedo and vice versa. I just assumed that the left pitot would have gone to the left speedo...silly me :) When I finally looked @ the right pitot, the plastic barb is broke off and inside the tube.

looks likke I can buy a new pitot and tube @ skidim, but my other tube has been spliced w/a small plastic piece so they didn't need to re-run the netire tube. Any idea what that piece is exactly and where I might be able to get one?

Thanx,
Dank
"I don't know what the world may need, but a V8 engine's a good start for me"
dtbrown View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dtbrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-09-2005 at 12:47am
Originally posted by Dave Dave wrote:

I have access to a limited number of pitots (OEM) for the Airguide speedos used by Correct Craft. Let me know.

I am looking for some original pickups for a 1990 SN. Do you still have some available?
DaveR View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2005 at 8:19pm
Dank,

You probably solved the problem long ago, but www.mcmaster.com carries a wide range of barbed splices/fittings, you may have to browse in the tubing section.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic