Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Trailer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1st Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boat Trailer
    Posted: April-21-2016 at 10:54pm
I just recently purchased a 1997 closed bow 21 ft ski Nautique. Unfortunately it didn't come with a trailer as prior owner sold it when he didn't have room to store. I am looking to buy a trailer or get a better feel for trailers that might work for this boat.
Blamey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blamey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2016 at 11:54pm
I bought a boat last year without a trailer and I can tell you that finding one used is not easy but can be done. There are a few trailers for sale at the moment online that I have seen. Check Craigslist, Onlyinboards.com and skiitagain.com. Ask around at Marinas near you.

I did find a old Ramlin that I got for $600. The trailer works fine but is showing its age and has some rust and need to be restored. I don't have time so I ordered a new trailer last month.

A new trailer will generally cost between 4k and 6k. Although you may get something cheaper if you find a local trailer builder. I found a place near me in Upstate New York that's building me a new single axle for 3,5k. It was a tough to spend that much on the trailer as bonly spent 7k on the boat.

The most popular trailers I see for Nautiques are Boatmate, Ramlin and Eagle.
96 Super Sport
Previously: 95 Sport Nautique, 1980 Ski Supreme
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2016 at 9:58am
I might have one that would work, a 1996 Eagle. PM me if you would like to talk about it.

Wayne
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2016 at 11:36am
Absolutely, thanks Wayne. Any chance you are fairly close to Alabama?
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2016 at 12:42pm
I am traveling from VA to AL with an empty hitch end of May to visit Mr. Dean and Mr. Morfoot......... FWIW.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1st Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2016 at 12:47pm
Thanks anyway, however I am on a real short timeframe. Guy is moving and boat must go in the next week when he gets out of lake house. I found 2 MC trailers I think will work but i am leaning towards the older model. Both are 21 ft. The older one is designed for 1992 - 99 pro star 205 and the other is designed for 2008 pro star 214. Would you have any thoughts on which one might work best?
dwouncmd View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwouncmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-25-2016 at 5:14pm
I would think the 205 would work better, but others may know better. Good luck!
89 SN
<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=6567&sort=&pagenum=1" rel="nofollow">7
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic