Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wanted: pylon for Barracuda

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wanted: pylon for Barracuda
    Posted: May-15-2004 at 2:17am
I need another pylon for my Barracuda...mine has too much give.
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-15-2004 at 12:22pm
dave, what year barracuda do you have ?
and is it an SS ?
kenny g
dave View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-16-2004 at 5:55am
It is an SS and I believe it is a 68 or 69.

Dave
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2004 at 11:47am
dave i can't help you on the pylon.good luck!
was it you looking for measurements on the taylormade 2pc windshield ?
i can't find the post,but the glass for my 68 ss is out in the barn.
what do you need ?
68 or 69 should both be the same 6' 9 1/2" beam.
kenny g
Dave View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2004 at 8:39pm
Hey thanks for the return. Thanks for the beam measurement, but I also need the height from the deck. I can't decide between 18 or 29 inches. Any info regarding this would be appreciated.
Dave
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2004 at 11:00pm
the center bracket in my hand is 20" so the glass is 18 to 20"...it"s comeing down in buckets now!
the vynal deck gasket the glass sets in is taylormade part # 826500 but gonna be hard to find.
good luck !
kenny g
Dave View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 4:36am
Thanks...I think I'll go with 18. Taylor Made said that everything including the gasket and hardware will be included...pretty cool the whole thing is under $500 delivered supposedly. Thanks again for your help! Good luck on your restoration.
Dave
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 12:02pm
dave,is your pylon loose/sloppy at the brass insert at the keel ?
or the chrome ring & rope hook insert on top of the pole ?
the insert on top is solid brass while the pole itself is steel.mine was broken and needed to be welded and re-chromed,but could not be removed.the two push pins holding it in came out ok but the insert itself would not.so it was cut off and the soft brass drilled out.the new ring & hook will be made from polished stainless steel and i can't wait to see the bill from the machine shop.
ahhh.. the joys of restoration work !
kenny g
Dave View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 2:49pm
The pylon itself was flexible. I've never seen anything like it. It looks like it fits like an original, but functionally I don't understand it.

Dave
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2004 at 3:10pm
1 3/4" solid steel..
are you pulling a hippo ?
sad part is,i know as soon as i get mine back then send it off to the chrome shop i'll find another one somewhere.
kenny g
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic