NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cam selection and install

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 8:24am
I was very skeptical as well, and Ive been looking at low profile flame arrestors. I took some quick measurements last week of the inside of the motorbox and the height of the motor at the top of the carb nut- and it looks like I may have 1/4" of clearance. This didnt include the thickness of the carpet, so theres a good chance it will all fit. *Fingers crossed*
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 9:37am
You could put the SA top in a die and dimple it down so the nut-top is flush with the metal when assembled. Could gain another 1/4 -3/8" that way.
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2006 at 11:40pm
Well, it runs! I put a few hours on the motor tonight and was pleased with the results of the upgrades. I picked up a strong 400 RPM at WOT and almost 5 MPH. Top end looks to be somewhere around 48-50 @ 5000 RPM or so (my Airguide reads 48). The holeshot and midrange power are great. I lined up with my dad's '03 196 again and did a few runs. Prior to the upgrades, the boats were dead even out of the hole and he pulled on me pretty strong from 35+ MPH. His boat tops out at 49-49.5 according to his PerfectPass. Running tonight, I put 1.5-2 boatlengths on him right out of the hole and held it all the way to the top end. I may have been creeping away at WOT, but it was very close.

Overall, Im very happy!
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2006 at 7:16am
Awesome. Great news.
JR_VIC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JR_VIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-20-2006 at 12:05am
TRBenj,

If you can shoot me an e-mail I need to ask you a question about your Weiand intake. I sent you a PM over on Planetnautique.

Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic