Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot Shorts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
td_in_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td_in_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot Shorts
    Posted: July-15-2015 at 9:46pm
Looking for medium (waist of 30/32) barefoot shorts for my son. He is learning to flip on the wakeboard and keep landing but falling backwards. This creates much pain since the first thing to hit is the family jewels. We have a barefoot suit but it is cumbersome for him to do the trick with it on so the guy teaching him suggested a pair of barefoot shorts.

Thanks
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 11:30am
Man up would be my first suggestion. I've never heard of anyone needing barefoot shorts to learn a tantrum (which is what I'm guessing he's working on). Over rotating?

Find the cheapest wetsuit (any thickness) that fits on eBay and cut off the top. I've gotten plenty for $0.99. Boom, shorts. Too much padding will be in the way. I wouldn't take that instructor's advice as gospel.
GottaSki View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GottaSki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 11:59am

Used to be able to buy unpadded shorts.... things changed?
"There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worthwhile as messing around with boats...simply messing."

River Rat to Mole
td_in_nc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote td_in_nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2015 at 2:26pm
Just to be clear, my son has not complained or asked for this, I am just protecting the future grandkids.    

Great suggestion - I will check out cheap wet suits.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic