NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What Tower was on my boat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cueball View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cueball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What Tower was on my boat
    Posted: March-16-2015 at 7:28am
So I was hoping someone on here might know what tower was installed on my boat..

The front mount has 4 holes that are 2" apart in all directions/square

The rear mount only has 2 holes and are 3" apart.

And from center of front mount to center of rear mount is 40"

I am trying to find the brand of the tower that was on here so I can purchase the same tower....I don't want to drill more holes in my boat.

Thanks
Shawn
Shawn
1986 SN 2001
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2015 at 9:11am
Those are awfully small (and few) holes for a tower...... you know it was a tower and not some rigid bimini system?
cueball View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cueball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2015 at 9:50am
Not 100% sure..I got this project from a guy who got this project...the previous owner told me it was a Monster Tower...but their hardware dosn't match up. I dont don't think they are for a bimini, I got holes for them too.
Shawn
1986 SN 2001
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2015 at 10:00am
Just put the tower feet over the holes and move on (check with tower company and make sure spacing is appropriate and eyeball it yourself too).... Some towers look spread too far and others look too squashed.
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-16-2015 at 10:46pm
I bet if you find another tower, same brand, same model that was on there and you place it on the boat in won't line up to the holes. Doubt they're that precise.
Tim D
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2015 at 6:08am
Originally posted by Tim D Tim D wrote:

I bet if you find another tower, same brand, same model that was on there and you place it on the boat in won't line up to the holes. Doubt they're that precise.

Tim is right they are not that precise, but they also aren't too hard to bend into shape either. However all most all the universal towers have changed a bit in the mountings over the years - I would pick what is cheap and appeals to you and then move on with your life - whats a few more holes anyway.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic