Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1983 SN Cooling Issue

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
cmacbuck69 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmacbuck69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1983 SN Cooling Issue
    Posted: September-10-2014 at 12:11am
I finally launched my 83 SN project in the water for the first time last weekend after a long 18 months and after a few hours it started to overheat. We noticed an excessive amount of steam out of the exhaust and that It was running just over 200 so we shut her down and towed it back to the ramp. Later when I got home, I pulled and tested the t-stat and it works fine and all of the water lines appear to be clear. Is there a way to test the water pump and/or is there something I am overlooking?

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2014 at 1:04am
So you drove it for 2 hours then it overheated? Have you checked the impeller yet? If that's ok you'll need to check the parts from the intake to the pump for air leaks. You could rig up a bucket for the test,if it pulls from the bucket,it will pull from the lake.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic