NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ignition Wire Routing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Dan in CT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan in CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ignition Wire Routing
    Posted: June-16-2014 at 2:17pm
Hey Folks,
Couple of questions regarding ignition wiring. 1st, does anyone snake the wire between the exhaust manifold and the head? I can imagine there may be a heat problem but with the water cooling I am not sure. That goes to my next question, I want to do custom wires, are there any recommendations out there? I really hate all the extra length and sloppiness. I have wire loom brackets that I can use that help but making the wire the correct length will really look better and more organized. My thought is an MSD kit but was wondering if anyone has done something different. Thanks   Dan in CT
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2014 at 2:25pm
A few marinizers (like Chrysler) routed the wires over the valve covers. But, due to the right fit between the valve covers and manifolds (both of which get hot) as well as the proximity to the exhaust runners (which are almost never jacketed), I think routing them from underneath is wiser.

I have used the Taylor Made Spiro Pro universal kits (~$60 from summit) on several boats and have been happy- it allows you to get the length just right.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic