Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1992 ski nautique winshield

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nautique92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1992 ski nautique winshield
    Posted: September-07-2013 at 6:33pm
I was wondering if anyone knows how to replace a front 1 piece windshield on a 92 ski nautique closed bow, i have one on order it should be here next week some time, need some pointers so i dont go diving in cold.
Thanks Chris
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 2:19pm
Unfortunately I have had to replace two of them. It is actually pretty easy. Take off the top of the frame. I left the sides on and just pushed them slightly out of the way. The glass is flat but will bend into position. I used some dish soap on the edges and rubber pieces so they slid on and seated all the way. How did yours break? Mine both happened while towing. Not exactly sure how but I used to leave a mirror hanging in the center and I think this had something to do with it. The first time I assumed it was a rock but after the second time I made sure to remove the mirror before towing and I installed a rod that supports the windshield from the dash. I haven't had a problem since. Good Luck. It shouldn't be a problem.
2DLake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2DLake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 6:13pm
Here is a recent thread discussing windshield replacement.

Windshield

I, like desertskier, replaced it on the boat without problem (well, only a few scratches). However, a couple of frequent posters whose opinions I greatly respect said to remove the entire frame from the boat, install the glass, then reinstall the frame.

I was hoping that one of the dealers (phatsat or flinboards) would chime in and tell us how they do it in their shops.

Good luck,
Mark
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 6:52pm
We can still get that pane from Correct Craft fyi it's pretty affordable but over 100 to ship.
2DLake View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2DLake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 7:51pm
Zach,

Do you guys remove the entire frame to replace the glass or just remove top piece and then slide the glass in?

Thanks,
Mark

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2013 at 8:39pm
Thanks for the help glass did not come in yet had to have a local dealer order it from correct craft hopping to get it this week so I'll try not taking the whole frame off first.
Thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-17-2013 at 4:11pm
Wanted to let u guys know i was able to install the glass without any issues, i all went together and came apart rather easy. So there is a plastic insert on the ouside bottom of the frame that u pop out then there was about 14 screws that u remove and the whole frame then comes off the boat,then there is 2 screws on both corners of the wing windows that u remove and then u have the 3 panes of glass. Put on bottom gasket and push it gently into bottom frame and u do have to kinda curve the.glass around and amazingly it does bend and then install the.2 sides and screw back together and install back on the boat. Thanks again for the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic