Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Impeller Change

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
boardersdad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boardersdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Impeller Change
    Posted: August-04-2013 at 5:34pm
Hello Adam, I'm not one of the experts on the site (they will be along shortly), but I'll try to help point you in the right direction. Which way the screw points depends on engine rotation:

Kurt (88 Nautique) posted this back in 2007:
Quote According to the manual, on 302 and 351 engines, the cam screw should face out (away from the block) on all PR engines and in (towards the block) on all PL engines. The Pleasurecraft engine serial tag tells you if it is right or left rotation. On the serial number, the letter after the "P" is either "R" (for right) or "L" (for left).
Hope this helps.
Kurt

As far as what the GT-40 is, Tim (TRBenj) posted this in 2008:
Quote PCM's offical name for their multiport fuel injected 351w was "GT40." Not surprisingly, it did have GT40 heads on it- though so did the carbureted and throttle body injected HO 351w's, and those were officially named "Proboss" by PCM...

The "W" in 351w refers to the Windsor family of engines, which span the 221-260-289-302-351 V8's. Ford also built a 351 Cleveland, which is a big block of no relation- hence the "W" for clarification.

...and in the same thread, Reid (reidp) posted this:
Quote The GT40 name has long been a Ford moniker for performance, along with others such as Cobra and GT. The GT40 was originally a famous Ford factory race car type from the mid-late 60's and which found extreme success outrunning Europe's best at Lemans. The "40" actually came from the overall height of the car, at 40 inches. The car was set up with several different engines but mostly 289's or 427's. This is also the car which the recent hot Ford GT was modeled after. Google it and you'll find all kinds of stuff about it. I believe Ford revived the GT40 name for the new heads for the Cobra Mustang in about '93, and are the same heads used and namesake for the PCM GT40 engines. Gear heads...??
2003CanadaAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2003CanadaAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2013 at 1:14pm
I have a 2002 Air Nautique with the GT-40. I installed a new impeller. Now the boat runs cool whem going
Slow and runs about 200 when running 30mph. Can someone tell me the screw on the side of the pump does it face the engine? Did I put the impeller in backwards?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic