Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'57 Atom skier?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Ruari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '57 Atom skier?
    Posted: July-15-2013 at 1:38pm
Just got my first boat, I grew up sailing so a motor boat is a whole new thing for me, I havn't been able to properly identify the model. I will add pics when I figure out how to. I Was told it is a1957, and I think it's a atom skier, it has a 70 hp gray marine inboard, no windshield, plywood and fiberglass hull, it's seen years of N Idaho weather so it's in rough shape
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 1:45pm
Welcome to the forum Michael, there are quite a few boats here of that vintage so you have come to the right place for information. Without pictures however you may not get to far as they are necessary it the identification and interaction.
FINS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FINS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 1:56pm
Post some pictues and see if we can help out. Where are you located in North Idaho? I have good friends in Sandpoint and spend a lot of time there in the summer. Great location for wooden boats. The Sandpoint show was this past weekend and was the fist one in eight years I had to miss. The ACBS International show is in CDA this year (September) and the Northwest ACBS has a fantastic show in Chelan in October. Hope to meet you at one of these events and talk Atom's!
Ruari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 2:37pm
I live in Sandpoint, and I had to work during the boat show this year
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 8:21pm
Michael,
I too welcome you to CCfan. You have found the one and only site that will help with your new boat.

make sure you get us pictures. The fiberglass on the hull scares me. It's always the "kiss of death" for a wood boat.
Ruari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 8:41pm
I will post photos when I figure out how, I'm not very good at computer stuff anymore, I was told it is a 1957, but it appears that the fiberglass was original, however they didn't use that until 61, at least that's what my research tells me
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic