NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New to the site and Ski Tique's

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Gump View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to the site and Ski Tique's
    Posted: July-12-2013 at 2:20am
Hello,

Picked up a new to me 1979 16' Ski Tique today. Needs some things here and there like gauge work, 2 cleats, and window brackets. Never owned a Inboard before. Always had I/O's. At some point someone re-did the boat. Does anyone know how the barefoot bar is supposed to connect? I have the metal bracket to hook up the pipe but I'm not sure where to hook the 2 cables and how taunt they should be. That or any advice to what maintenance is necessary on inboards other than the normal fluid changes or things to watch out for.

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 11:12am
Nice looking boat!

I suggest reading one of the owners & engine manuals in the reference section of the site. It will cover the maintenance items you asked about.

It is recommended to attach the extended pylon cable to a bow strap, instead of the lift eye. Under a high load the fiberglass around the lift eye can crack. You can get the strap at Barefoot International, about $50.

Not sure about your barefoot boom. Give it a shot & post some pictures, I am sure others will comment.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 12:06pm
x2 on the strap for the pylon.

The barefoot boom cable attaches to the bow eye and there is a little slack. Look up the instructions on the model that you have.

That boat is perfect for the black & tan drinker. Let's see how the interior looks.

That's an interesting metal cover over the bow scoop / air inlet. Let's see another pic of that.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
Gump View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 6:56pm

Thank you for the advice.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 7:27pm
When you do get the bow strap for the extended pylon you will want to put some padding where it wraps up over the top of the boat's bow, it will eventually scuff that black paint right off.

Sharp boat, enjoy.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2013 at 7:31pm
Once again Tim would be the authority but I believe that metal bow plate was only 1979.
Gump View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2013 at 3:05am
Well this kinda sucks. Props bent bad, vibrates a lot under load. It's the federal 12rh14 681. Should I send it out or get the 540 I've read about. The cutless bearing is just slighyly worn also. Where do I buy the cutless bearing. I have no idea what size?

ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2013 at 11:36pm
I do not think a 540 will fit under a tique. I will have my spare 540 and be with a tique tomorrow and can check for you.

P.S. Awesome looking Tique ! Love the Black.
Gump View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2013 at 3:07am
Originally posted by ultrahots ultrahots wrote:

I do not think a 540 will fit under a tique. I will have my spare 540 and be with a tique tomorrow and can check for you.

P.S. Awesome looking Tique ! Love the Black.

I'm good, thanks. 540's too big.
ST79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ST79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2013 at 8:55am
Yes the metal plate indicates 1979 also the black windshield 1976 were gray
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2013 at 12:07pm
Nice looking Tique.

What's the power plant? Most would have a 302 but some came with Chevy power. I'm running the OJ 12x13 on my 78 Tique but you may want to explore the ACME equivalent which I'm sure Tim can suggest.
Gump View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2013 at 1:16pm
Thank you. 302 motor. I think I picked up a 1410.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2013 at 9:58am
Hopefully you mean 1210!
Gump View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2013 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Hopefully you mean 1210!

Yes 1210! Couldn't remember. Works great.
Gump View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2018 at 11:52am
In my first pic of this thread you can see where the cleats were. Anyone know if there's a cleat out there that measures 3-5/8" for the mounting holes or availability for OEM cleats?

My kids are in college now and I often think of selling this boat but then I take it to the lake and remember how much I like it. It's been great.
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2018 at 12:14pm
The cleats at the stern are not from the factory. I would bet that they are your bow cleats.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
Gump View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2018 at 2:21pm
Odd. Ok Thanks.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-05-2018 at 10:58pm
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

The cleats at the stern are not from the factory. I would bet that they are your bow cleats.

Agree. My 77 doesn't have cleats on the stern. I have a feeling sine the Tique (and Nautique) are made for skiing, they limit hardware at the aft that a ski rope could hang up on. If you look in both the diaries and the brochures, you will note none had cleats aft.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2018 at 12:04pm
That’s interesting, I never paid attention to that before. Anytime we dock without being on our hoist, I tied off to the lift ring on the stern.
Gump View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2018 at 6:18pm
That makes sense. My tow rope does sometimes get stuck on the stern cleats. Although I see other 79's with cleat on the rear. Still wish I could find some cleats with the same mounting dimensions as the front almost existing holes.
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2018 at 7:05pm
Eric, I like the 5 year gap in posts on this thread!

If the stern cleats turn out to be the correct cleats for the bow, you could swap them to the bow and replace the stern cleats with nothing, just fill the holes, or if you like having them buy some pop-up cleats which would be more functional on the stern.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic