NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

351 Windsor carb to EFI done

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2012 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

It's interesting from the standpoint of the person who understands and likes to tinker, but what happens for the next owner who may not feel the same way. I can see this being an issue when its time to sell.

Non issue with the average boater.You guy's would be a hard sell tho. If some one has gone thru the work of installing a system and has done it like it looks a quality job the next owner would not even remotely think it didn't come that way. I don't think anyone would go to the trouble and expense to put FI on claped out boat if you know what I mean. I would agree it would be a problem after the sale if something went wrong,but no more than finding the foam is all wet and the stringers are mush because no homework was done before the purchase.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2012 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Originally posted by TX Foilhead TX Foilhead wrote:

It's interesting from the standpoint of the person who understands and likes to tinker, but what happens for the next owner who may not feel the same way. I can see this being an issue when its time to sell.

Non issue with the average boater.You guy's would be a hard sell tho. If some one has gone thru the work of installing a system and has done it like it looks a quality job the next owner would not even remotely think it didn't come that way. I don't think anyone would go to the trouble and expense to put FI on claped out boat if you know what I mean. I would agree it would be a problem after the sale if something went wrong,but no more than finding the foam is all wet and the stringers are mush because no homework was done before the purchase.

I agree and disagree Gary. If the average boater doesn't do his homework and finds the foam and stringers need replacing after a purchase, he can go most anywhere to get the work done. An expensive lesson but one that can be fixed.
If there are issues with that aftermarket EFI and he takes it anywhere to get some service, they'll more than likely laugh at him and say sorry, it's your problem.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-20-2012 at 4:06pm
Your right of course Eddie,but in my defence I thought all that was mentioned was about when you go to sell. I'm just saying what happens if people don't do their homework and you know alot don't. Check the boat out and if it's a '72 with fuel injection you'd better find out whats going on
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic