Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1984 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Terry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1984 Ski Nautique
    Posted: October-27-2012 at 9:13am
I am having igniton problems. i turn the key to start engine and the voltage meter shows less than 12 volts and nothing happens. I try a minute later and it shows 12 volts and the engine starts. What is causing this? The battery is fully charged, so I know that is not the issue.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2012 at 9:28am
Check connections 1st - they need to be tight & clean. Corroded wire? Baf battery? Bad breaker? Use you VOM to isolate the weak component.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2012 at 9:28am
Possibly a corroded terminal
Brian
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2012 at 9:28am
Check connections 1st - they need to be tight & clean. Corroded wire? Bad battery? Bad breaker? Use your VOM to isolate the weak component.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
Terry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Terry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2012 at 9:50am
Thanks, I will clean and tighten all connections from the switch to the starter.
parrott View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parrott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2012 at 1:28pm
You are from Tuscaloosa. Quit playing with the boat and get ready for a big game tonite!
1999 Air Nautique

1992 Nautique

1978 Nautique
cphase View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-27-2012 at 2:45pm
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
Thanks,

Jeff
82 SN
Arch Linux
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic