NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carb gaskets

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Patman79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carb gaskets
    Posted: July-25-2012 at 11:28pm
Ok, so I know I need two gaskets when replacing my carb. One for the spacer and one for the carb itself. The single gasket that came with my rebuilt carb is a cheap paper gasket. I know everybody says fel-pro is the way to go. I stopped by to pick one up today but its at least a quarter inch thick! Is this the right gasket or does it compress or does it even matter? I didnt buy the gasket yet cause they are 12 bucks a piece and I want to make sure to get the right one.
Patrick
Foot_Fungus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foot_Fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 11:57pm
its a tad on the thick side, but I'm not sure its a legit .25" thick. IIRC its about the thickness of 2 quarters stacked together(1/8"). And yes it will compress a tad.

They do make a 5/16" base gasket I think the p/n is 108-12 or maybe its 108-10. maybe thats the one you got? But I remember those being about $25.
Patman79 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patman79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2012 at 2:37pm
What is the exact part number I need to get? Anybody?
Patrick
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-26-2012 at 3:08pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic