Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

check engine light

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakeskatx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeskatx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: check engine light
    Posted: November-06-2005 at 11:07am
Hey I have a 1998 supersport nautique with the 351 pcm. My check engine light is coming on but nothing is out of the ordinary. Oil pressure is good, boat is not running hot, and the strainer is clean. The safety mode kicks in and the boat will not go above 2500 rpm's. Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this to occur? Oh yea the light seems to flicker on and off, and occasionally it will turn off all the way then come back on

Help!!!
25XS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25XS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-06-2005 at 6:42pm
Hi wakeskatx; I'm guessing you have the fuel injected version of PCM's 1998 351 Ford motor, but irregardless whether it's injected or carburated you need to go read this thread;
PCM Limp Mode Thread

Either low oil pressure or high engine temperature will put your engine into limp mode. My temp & pressure switch were replaced to no avail, but when I disconnected the computer, cleaned the pin connectors, greased them with dielectric (terminal) grease and reconnected it my 4year intermittent limp mode problem disappeared.

Good luck. Fill us in with more details on your engine if you're still having problems.

Tom
Lake Lanier - Georgia
"Stock Stuff" by day... Racing Mercury outboards on the weekends.
1991 Nautique Excel "thousands" of hours...
wakeskatx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeskatx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-07-2005 at 7:28am
Thanks, I will check it out. Do you know where I can find a decent diagram of the engine? The owners manual might as well be third grade reading material because it has been no help. I appreciate the info and will let everyone know when I get it worked out

wakeskatx
wakeskatx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeskatx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2005 at 3:06pm
Hey Just want to let everyone know found the problem it was the oil pressure switch. I replaced it with a new one and I am ready to go. Thanks 25XS, I appreciate the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic