Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1982 2001 model

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Dellavalle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellavalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1982 2001 model
    Posted: May-26-2012 at 10:30pm
First use of the year, started at home, take to the Lake, no go. Just cranks, drained fuel, water filter, good gas, no ignition / firing. Any idea's ? Thanks for the possible solutions.
76tique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 76tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 1:43am
Do you have conventional ignition? Condensers often go bad from sitting...check your points/condenser if no spark. Do you have power to the coil with ignition on?
He who dies with the most toys, wins

1984 SN2001 - sold
1976 Ski Tique - Sold

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellavalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 1:59am
Thanks for your suggestions, It did start and run in my driveway at home, drove 1 mile to the lake, and no firing. Original ignition system, and I will check for voltage at points tomorrow a.m, plus rotor, and cap. After I drained out the fuel / water filter, there was some water in the system. So, fuel to carb. / check power, and maybe t'morrow will be the trick.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 11:30am
Try dribbling some fresh gas into the carb,then try to start. Just to make sure all the bad gas was purged.

I was helping a friend of mine try to start PWC, drained gas, etc - still wouldn't start.   The problem ended up being all the green ethanol goo in the bottom of the tank. He had to have the tank removed & throughly cleaned. The tank is not easily accessed in a PWC!
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dellavalle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-27-2012 at 7:39pm
Hello and thanks. I took 2 cans of carb. cleaner, shot everything and more, cleaned up the remains, let it all dry, fired it up and all good. Now, onto the impeller, it was not sucking water in and up, so we had to shut down at the dock. Back home, took it all apart, back together in the right flow of things, but I am installing a hose feed " T " connection tomorrow at the water feed and into the filter. Driving to the lake, about 1 mile, Lake Placid, and not being able to go, stinks. So this way I can run and test at home. Thanks again, P.D.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic