Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need new pump housing

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
waketique78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waketique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need new pump housing
    Posted: October-17-2005 at 12:36pm
I need a new pump housing for my 1978 Ski Tique with the ford 302. Mine has heat cracks in it. The problem I am having is a I can't seem to find the right pump on any websites? can anybody help me?
1978 Ski Tique, Skylon, Fatseat And Sacs for ballast
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-17-2005 at 11:32pm
If you need a new housing and impeller both, I believe it would be wise to just replace the whole pump. Yours is belt driven (as opposed to crank mounted) right? Check out the pumps that Skidim sells. There are several other places that sell raw water pumps for inboards as well. I'll bet that you'll spend more money trying to buy the housing and impeller separately than you will just replacing the whole thing. Write back if you need help finding one.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waketique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2005 at 8:22am
well i just talked to midwest correct craft. And they offer the housing for 70 and the impeller for 30. Or the whole pump for 317. So I think I will go with the new housing and rebuild the pump myself. And yes it is the raw water/belt driven pump
nuttyskier2002 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nuttyskier2002 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2005 at 8:54am
That price sounds a little high for the whole pump. Don't forget you'll want to install a new seal and bearing. Now for that housing,...what is it made of. Was your original one plastic or brass. I'll bet the one that was offered to you by midwest cc is plastic. I'd still consider going with a new one that has a brass body. Skidim sells a Sherwood belt driven pump for $206.00. Just my 2 cents.
95 Malibu Echelon w/Mercruiser 350 Magnum Skier

Former boats:
88 Ski Centurion Tru Trac II
59 Chris Craft Capri (woody)
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2005 at 11:18am
One thing about the newer pumps is the shaft is so much longer. Either fab a new bracket to move the pump back if there's room or take it to a machine shop and have the shaft shortened.

Tim D
woodyelc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodyelc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-18-2005 at 2:38pm
CALL WOODY AT 407 851 1965 HAVE PUMP AND INSTRUCTIONS ON MOUNTING PUMP TO MOTOR.
woodyelc

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waketique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-19-2005 at 11:21am
the housing is vinyl/plastic. I don't really see any problem with the plastic housing because it has lasted quite a while on the boat. Also, this might sound dumb, but I just can't seem to find where to hook up a house to my motor so I can run it in the driveway and winterize it. I have the commander 302. if anyone with that motor could give me some help I would appreciate it.
25XS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 25XS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-31-2005 at 5:51pm
Waketique78: Email me the numbers cast into your waterpump housing. Better yet, do that and email me a really good closeup picture of it showing the cover screws and cover in place and a second picture of your impeller.
I will try to help you get it rebuilt cheaply. If your housing is shot, give up and buy a new pump... I'm pretty sure I can help you there as well.
"Stock Stuff" by day... Racing Mercury outboards on the weekends.
1991 Nautique Excel "thousands" of hours...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic