NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

78 Video

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 78 Video
    Posted: April-18-2012 at 4:34pm
Here's a video of my 78 Tique taken last night on the river.

After swapping carbs to a 600cfm, ditching the mufflers and going straight copper, and a new 12x13OJ that Alicia won at the SJRR raffle it topped out at 53.7MPH on the GPS.

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 4:38pm
Posting Foul!

In what world is this off topic for correctcraftfan.com?
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 4:40pm
Sounds nice man

Had the old carb been a bottle neck after you did the other engine upgrades?
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 4:47pm
Joe, there's plenty of informational conversation happening in all the other topics. Figured I'd put this here since it really doesn't pertain to anything.

Brian - rather than rebuilding my carb (bad accelerator pump) I chose to go the easy route and steal Pat's 600cfm. I'd been curious as to what a 600cfm would do after hearing from several members that I'd be right on the bubble between a 450 and 600. Now I'm hoping Pat has to buy a new carb with his upgrades so I can keep his! I should really rebuild mine and then do a comparison between the two....someday!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Posting Foul!

In what world is this off topic for correctcraftfan.com?

Ha, I concur!
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 5:08pm
Joe, I'm sure you can make it magically appear in the General Discussion section.
grim007 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grim007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 5:25pm
who should i pay for my new ringtone for my phone? sounds just fine
shaken not stirred
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 6:04pm
Nice, that does sound awesome. Can you tell a big difference in sound from the copper over the mufflers?
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 6:08pm
Allen, I sure can. The copper is much louder than the original mufflers but not obnoxious.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 6:48pm
Chris, I'm glad it's in "Off-Topic" so now I can ask
What bridge in the background in your fb pic?

Oh, and congrats on the being the new member of Reids C.R.A.P.
(Competition Racing And Performance)

I'll have to listen to the vid on the other pc later.

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 7:15pm
Al, thats Interstate 235 just south of the Botanical Center...go any further and you'll be airborne over the dam!

The boat club is right between 2nd and 6th.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 7:38pm
So, would you know where to launch, if a person wanted to ride between Walnut St. and Court St.?

That's where the tournaments were, but I have no idea of where they launched.
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 7:45pm
That would be south of the dam, maybe even before than dam's time? Not too sure as that's before my time. Can't believe the water was very good...concrete walls on both sides and all the turbulence from the dam?

If they were to hold a tournament there, I'd guess they'd have to launch clear down past SE14th st. River gets very shallow in those parts.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 12:17am
Ah yes,   took a look see via google earth.
Had to have been pre-dam era when I saw the tournament happening in the river as I was passing over Walnut St. bridge.

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 12:39am
Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Here's a video of my 78 Tique taken last night on the river.

After swapping carbs to a 600cfm, ditching the mufflers and going straight copper, and a new 12x13OJ that Alicia won at the SJRR raffle it topped out at 53.7MPH on the GPS.

Damn that sound good! After watching the video and thinking, I have know idea what the 206 sounds like even though it is stock. I'm always behind the wheel, beside it, or flopping head over hells as it passes.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 2:26am
loud pipes save lives...

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 2:42am
John, Florida still have the helmet law? Do they still do the Sky Way Bridge ride?
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 2:43am
Guess Texas IS good for something...Class III firearms and no helmets.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 3:19am
no helmet law....

not sure on the Sky Way Bridge ride. We are about an hour from Tampa. Been over it in my F150.....would be breezy on a bike! My bro has rode the 107 miles of bridges in the Keys but me and Patti have not. He said that one was cool too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 3:56am
Use to go thru Lake Wales a lot. Use to live in Winter Haven and Later Lakeland. I thought at the time I was there they required a helmet and once a year they would allow a helmet less ride across the sky Way.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2012 at 11:23pm
Been in Lake Wales for 8 years in June. No helmets since that time.

We love it in Lake Wales. Really like Winter Haven too. Lots of footin' lakes and of course I like the Haven 'cause Eddie lives there. Lakeland is a has a very pretty downtown and is almost to big for us. We like small and quiet.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-22-2012 at 12:47am
A pretty good fly by of my neighbor's Mustang. I think it's a 72? Not totally sure. Sounds nice though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic