Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to Tie Up to Other Boats

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
00cls1camaross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00cls1camaross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Tie Up to Other Boats
    Posted: April-18-2012 at 3:39pm
I am going out with a few people and I noticed I don't have any cleats on my boat. I thought I could tie a rope on my front ring and the rear one, but I am still wondering how I would attach the fender bumpers to the side of the boat. I was thinking of hanging one from the tower and then I don't know where to put the second one. What do you all do?
2002 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
33 x 12.50s, BBK, Cranked
2000 Camaro SS
Cam, Slicks, Boltons, Stall
1985 Ski Nautique
MT1, Board Rack, ACME 542
Future:Stereo, Wrap, Girls
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 3:42pm
Tie one from the pylon, or West Marine sell bumper holders with suction cups that can go on the gunnel.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 4:12pm
You can tie one of them here. maybe two??

83Ski
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 6:00pm
Go by Target or Toys r Us and get some hippity hops, best boat bouys evert. With a small hand inflator you can blow them up as needed.   Then anchor and use them to guard your boat if anyone ties to you. Always best to have your own gear so you can be in control of the situation.   
00cls1camaross View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 00cls1camaross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 8:13pm
Are those the balls that children sit on top of and bounce? How do you use them, just throw a couple on the water surface and tie your boats together while the balls are in the middle of the boats?
2002 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
33 x 12.50s, BBK, Cranked
2000 Camaro SS
Cam, Slicks, Boltons, Stall
1985 Ski Nautique
MT1, Board Rack, ACME 542
Future:Stereo, Wrap, Girls
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 10:18pm
I tye them off like a bumper with a short piece of rope, seems to work best if the handle is laying on top of the gunwhale other wise they move around. With 4 of them deployed, 2 @ the windshield and 2 near the back, nothing gets within a foot of me and don't have to worry about the foils in the racks banging something either.
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 10:23pm
I got a sudden urge to listen to some ACDC.
...those who have fallen and those who will.
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2012 at 11:12pm
I use bungee cords with large plastic clips to secure the bumpers to the gunnel. cut one in half and it is good for two bumpers. Tie off from the pylon and the rear lift ring.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 12:39am
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

I got a sudden urge to listen to some ACDC.

That's what all the fisherman were listening to tonight thanks to my new Rev 10's!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2012 at 7:22pm
These are good too, but may not work if you have combing pads:
http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=18388&title=cool-way-to-hang-fenders
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic