Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Electronic Tach & Speedo

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Phil Cutting View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Cutting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electronic Tach & Speedo
    Posted: October-04-2005 at 11:35pm
I just bought a 2000 ski nautique with 10.9 hours on the tach. The boat looks like new and I almost beleive it, but now I have heard that the 2000's had a recall on the black face tach - hour meter because they went to ZERO after 99.9, along with other troubles. Apparently the fix was to install new gray faced instruments, which are in mine and some others I have seen.
Does anybody know about this? Did some 2000's come with the gray faces or were they all replaced?
When did the recall come out?
Did CC supply tachs with the correct hours for each boat through the dealers?
How can I find out?
Please reply to ppc7554@yahoo.com
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2005 at 12:54am
I'm not sure if this appliies to marine ECM's but on cars it is saved in the computer and with the right electronics you can find out exactly. It a tamper prove item they check on warrenty claims. $.02
jonskiv View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonskiv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-05-2005 at 4:23pm
I believe the hours are recorded on the control unit of the excaliburs. On the gt-40, i think you are on your own, so you'll have to figure out the hours by referring to someone's log.
79nautique View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-07-2005 at 4:48am
If you don't have a interface to read the PROM on the ECU/ECM Electromic Control Module/computer there's no other way to found out acruratly
Guest View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2005 at 5:13pm
Find out who changed out the guage. The hours should've been recorded on the work order if they could've been read off the guage before it was removed.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic