NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hydrodyne wake

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hydrodyne wake
    Posted: March-31-2012 at 12:47pm
Does anyone know the WAKE, etc. on Hydrodynescompared to SN2001?

I like the room for the price.
Not in production though since about 1996 I believe.

http://www.boattrader.com/browse/make/hydrodyne-boat-co-inc/

http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=16958

Please dont flame. Just asking.
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2012 at 3:03am
did your 2001 fall through?
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2012 at 5:54am
When I think Hydrodyne I think outboards. The company stuck to building outboards as ski boats when the entire world was going to inboard competition ski boats. Then suddenly it seemed that Hydrodyne found religion and started making inboards.

I seem to recall they were good three-event boats. Solid performance all around and good handling (which was new because the outboards really rolled when turning). I think these may be wood-stringer boats, so check for wood rot.

And - keep looking for a Nautique.
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2012 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

Waiting for a reply.
Its hard to buy a boat when you only have ridden behind one boat.
I would love to ride behind a 1993+ sports nautique and a Malibu Sunsetter but not in a position to do so. Dont want to regret so throwing last minute leaders out there.
john b View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2012 at 5:09am
I know several people with Hydrodynes. They have a pretty good site and would be happy to answer any of your questions.
Funny thing, a few years ago a guy who knew several people with Hydrodynes, who went by the name "the bunny hop boy" put one over on them. I still chuckle about that one.
If you want a laugh, check this out.
http://www.hydrodyners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=760&sid=8d5185b5f39cc8437796fee894a9e21f
1970 Mustang "Theseus' paradox"
If everyone else is doing it, you're too late!

Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by jo-e90 jo-e90 wrote:

Waiting for a reply.
I would love to ride behind a 1993+ sports nautique and a Malibu Sunsetter but not in a position to do so. Dont want to regret so throwing last minute leaders out there.

See if you can confirm that the Sunsetter is the same hull later used on the i-Ride. I had a whole summer's worth of experience with an i-Ride (direct drive version of the Ride, no longer made) and it was a fantastic boat. And a very versatile wake. Slalomed well and boarded well. This one had "The Wedge" manual, but it deployed easily and really bumped up the ramp.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2012 at 8:36pm
The Sunsetter and the i-Ride are very different hulls. The Sunsetter was basically a big slalom boat with flared-out and stretched sides. The i-Ride is a first-generation wakeboard boat. I would not say the i-Ride "slalomed well", but that is my opinion. The Sunsetter is a good slalom boat first, the i-Ride is a good wakeboard boat first.

If you buy a Malibu, I have a story to share with you first.
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2012 at 8:53pm
Do tell please, about the Malibu before I buy.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 2:24am
Buy a boat already, please.
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 3:26am
I would but they dont get back to me.
86BFN View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 86BFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 10:18am
Nothing wrong with the Hydrodyne wake. I guess it depends on what you want to use it for. That Grand Sport seems like a decent buy. I've had my 93 for 17 years and had very few issues. It currently has 1000 hrs on it and still running strong. They are a very well built boat.

👣 Steve
86 Barefoot Nautique

89 Martinique
Former Owner: 93 Hydrodyne 350 MAG
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 12:18pm

Maybe you've annoyed them with too many questions?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 1:26pm

Originally posted by Dreaming Dreaming wrote:

Waiting for a reply.

Where are you located? Why are you not in a position to bum a ride?

It sounds like you are still having a very difficult time closing a deal. Did you read the suggestions I gave you in your other thread?
bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Maybe you've annoyed them with too many questions?

'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
jo-e90 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jo-e90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 2:53pm
Maybe you dont advise asking questions, but I asked the owner 6 questions. how many owners, stringer condition, salt water use, gel coat condition, trailer condition, prop condition. We agreed on a very fair price for him. I told him that I want to look at it right now and he said NO, not out of storage for another 2 weeks. He said he would call. 2 weeks go by. No call. I called 2 more times. He said he would call. No call. I emailed twice. No response. What!

I have another boat on my line. Same thing. They are not ready, say they will call/email when it is ready and no call backs, only emails saying they will call me when ready. Still no response. What!
If you put up an ad because you want to sell a boat, it is a good idea to be ready to show and sell.

Is that ok with you guys or is that too many?
hotboat View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 3:46pm
I have 2, take your pick, I will be home tonight
Brian
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 11:22pm
Malibu - We have an iRide up at a summer camp. We purchased it brand-new from a reputable factory dealer. It is 4 years old now. When it was two years old the box-construction seam came apart and the boat filled with water. A smart young gal driving the boat recognized something was wrong and shut it down. The seam along the entire starboard side of the boat had opened up like a zipper. There was a 1" wide hole that water gushed into from the stern to about the windshield.

When we called the dealer he said, "You must have done something wrong." Uh, on a 2-year old boat that was only ever used on a small lake? Wrong answer.

Many hours of effort later, and a trip to the dealer, they fixed it and it's worked OK since. The ballast tank no longer fills and some of the electronics are not working any longer. The boat is used for about 4 hours/day (20 hours per week), so it is not hammered hard all day.

This experience alone convinced me to look elsewhere for boats. Malibu - looks great and has a lot of bling when it is new but, in my opinion, the beauty is somewhat skin deep.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2012 at 11:40pm
Actually, it was at a summer camp I worked at where we had the iRide too. I guess we had better luck; ours saw a lot of run time too.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic