Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1987 Ski Nautique 2001

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
19872001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 19872001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1987 Ski Nautique 2001
    Posted: March-25-2012 at 9:37pm
Just bought the boat and just want to know if theres anything extra I need to know? Thanks!
ny_nautique View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ny_nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-25-2012 at 10:25pm
There sure is...
Up until 1993, Correct Craft used wood stringers in their construction. After years of use and exposure, water makes its way under the floor and starts to saturate the foam and wood stringers and rot them, compromising structural integrity, weight, and safety.
You'll want to assess your stringer and floor health.
Unless it is so horrible that you can't safely operate it, my suggestion would be to do the tuneups and things you need to run this year and prepare for a stringer job in the fall.
- Jeff
1999 Ski Nautique
HatterBee View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HatterBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 12:19am
Not sure what you want to know. Jeff made some great suggestions.

However, if you post some pics and tell us what areas you are interested in knowing more about you would get more response.

Allen
1977 Ski Nautique
Under Re-construction

My Rebuild Thread

SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 1:03am
One thing you will find out soon is that the bow doesn't pop up much when you accelerate. You will take a wave over the bow, everyone does it. It helps not to be slowing down when you are going into a wave.

Enjoy your new toy, it will serve you well.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-26-2012 at 1:08am
Originally posted by SNobsessed SNobsessed wrote:

One thing you will find out soon is that the bow doesn't pop up much when you accelerate. You will take a wave over the bow, everyone does it. It helps not to be slowing down when you are going into a wave.

Enjoy your new toy, it will serve you well.

Bah....lies I say...lies!

J/K...he's right...it's only a matter of time before it happens...although 40'+ yachts and Mississippi River barges (and their wash) hasn't come over my bow yet...

Here is a long thread I started when I was just about to pull the trigger on buying my '86 last year. Lots of good info, but I did move the pics around in my PhotoBucket account so the links are broken.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic